RSAMD - Repertoire Session with Composite Band, Sunday 26th October 2008

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by brassneck, Oct 2, 2008.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Repertoire Session with Composite Band, Sunday 26th October 2008,

Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama, Glasgow

Following the great success of our repertoire session in October 2006, we will once again have use of the RSAMD facilities for a similar event, on Sunday 26th October from 1.30pm – 4.30pm.

I will be gathering together players from various bands to form a composite band, to rehearse and play through a number of new or recent compositions/arrangements for brass band. Again, it is hoped to feature works by Scottish composers and arrangers, but there will also be the chance to use the music of composers from Scandinavia and Australia, amongst others. As before, this will give players and conductors the chance to meet, play together, and discuss the music being performed. (Or discuss football if you wish!)

Please let me have the names of any interested parties wishing to be included, either as a conductor or as a player, as soon as possible. You can contact me by any method using the details below.

Raymond Tennant, Secretary
    1 Newark Drive, Paisley, PA2 8NU
    Tel: 0141 589 6466
    Mobile: 07860 102708

N.B., for those who didn't receive an email about the this event, I thought I would grab the opportunity to advertise it on behalf of Ray Tennant and The National Association Of Brass Band Conductors (No.6 Area, Scotland).