Royal wedding;Who is working?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

With the Royal wedding next friday who is working?
    If you are working;

1;Are you been paid for it
    2 Given a day off at a alternative time.

Our gaffer is paying us treble time instead:woo
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

After today I'm off till the 3rd May. I've taken the 3 days off in between the bank holiday and my boss has only today realised what I have done!!
  3. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

We are working on the wedding yes........bringing you all the pictures and sound direct to your TV:)
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Not to my tv you're not! I'm going to be keeping far away from all coverage if possible!
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Quite happy to be working - double time as usual for a Bank Holiday: nothing against the Royal Wedding, and if it was just the ceremony itself I'd probably watch, but I can't stand all the preamble and post-match assessment :mad:
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Working. No overtime for me either - just a flat day. Sometimes its all take at our place.

I probably wouldn't watch it anyway, but I'd like to have the choice.

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Same Dyl, I'm off fishing for the day! school are making us have the day off:biggrin:
  8. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Just had my 2 weeks holiday for the year - next day off Christmas Day (yes that includes weekends).
  9. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Wasps v Bath at Twickenham first tommorrow though any better for you?
  10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Royal Wedding? Thanks for the day off but I'm going after the trout.
  11. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

And I don't mean her maj, auld Lizzie
  12. barrytone

barrytone Member

I work for myself so I am working, got a full nine hour day Friday as usual, don't work, don't get paid and all my clients are happy for me to work that day so off I go! xx
  13. AmandaD

AmandaD Member

I'll be working but get an extra days holiday for later in the year.

14. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

My company go live with a major new management software system on 3 May, so I'll be in all weekend making sure everything's ready and good to go. Can't say I'm that gutted to miss the "festivities" but would have been nice to have the long weekend...
  15. Chris Lee

Chris Lee Guest

So what's royal about Kate? Oh she artfully managed to capture a Prince. Is that cause for celebration and adulation?

I shall spend the day trying not to vomit. (Actually, ironically, I will be turning out to play at a Wedding Tea Party...)

(Newbie EEflat bass)
  16. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

No surprise that I'll not be joining in the bread and circuses. Will be taking site cover at work , no bank holiday pay but day off in lieu. The French and the Russians had the right idea.
  17. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I have a paid bank holiday which for the most part of the morning I will brick-laying a wall in my garden and then will spend the afternoon in the pub, which I am told is a wedding free zone.
    I do think there's some big fibbers on here. I will go out of my way to avoid like the plague the 6 hour pre-amble and 12 hour post match analysis, where they will be interviewing loads of silly old women gushing 'oooooh she looked beautiful - just like a princess' . But I dare say I'll catch the main bit on a news program at some point after returning from the pub.
    There you are. I'm so far the only bloke in Britain who has the guts to admit he'll watch a bit of it. I suspect I will be joined by millions of others who are boasting they won't be watching it.
  18. Di

Di Active Member

Noooo, I'll not be near a telly, I'll be cluttering up your roads with my caravan, setting off for a long weekend away. Thanks for the extra day. :)
  19. annerly

annerly New Member

I'll either be soaking 'something' up (Timmothy Taylors or Black Sheep) at a street party... well away from any screens, or playing at one. Prefer the first option as it means we'll still get a band practise in the evening!! won't know which until Tuesday :(
  20. popmills

popmills New Member

I will be working and seeing part of the celebration close up as a member of the guard of honour on their return to the palace.
    Long may we keep the Royal family, they are much more respected than any politician