Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by tpcornet12, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I have just retuned from the International Tattoo in Canada appearing as a ten peice under the guise of Parc and Dare Band. Had a brilliant time and wondered if there is anyone out there that went or has a connection with the event?

We were the only Brits performing but I know of at least one Canadian that looks over this website. Lauren - I said I would mention you so now you need to register and reply ;)

In case anyone was wondering, Lauren plays trombone with the Canadian Ceremonial Gaurds and is officially the best looking thing to wear a Bear Skin!! :tup Some of us joined the CGs to play in an Act called Mardis Gras - playing Alan Fernie's "African Funk" accompanying dancers and jugglers in front of about 8,000 people! So, cheers Alan - had some fun with that peice!

I will now try and add a picture :-?

Cheers, Tim

Attached Files:

2. ConnBone24

ConnBone24 New Member

Officially the "Best Looking Thing in a Bearskin"...

Hey Tim!

I am also back from the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo and I am back to my duties on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. :p

It was a fantastic experience and I hope to see you there again next year, provided I get invited to go!

Maybe more pub nights next time? ;)

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  3. stopher

stopher Member

Hi Tim

Went in 2000 with Craig and co. Had an ace 3 weeks. Would say what we got up to but couldn;t afford the solicitor's fees plus what goes on tour, stays on tour!

Keith's lager!!!!!! Awesome!

4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Nice one Lauren... glad to see you joined us!! I am already booked for next year - which is quite easy as I am very cheap! I'd do anything for a handful of meal vouchers!!! Hope to see you next year then :D

5. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I went in 2004 and 2005, and had a brilliant time. First year only about 15 went so we only did the fanfares and a couple of blackouts, but second year we had loads so did a floor piece aswell.

Hope the CG's were better at the drinking games this year than a few years ago;-)

6. ConnBone24

ConnBone24 New Member

*Gasp*

Well now! I resent your implication that CG cannot out drink the Brits! :sup;)
    We most certainly beat you this year as well as last in the boat race. However,
    we are not as competent with the F*** Game since, of course, it was created by the English! :biggrin:
    Good times had by all.

7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Sorry no offence intended;-)
    It's just that us Brits have been training for many, many years in brass bands since we started playing on how to drink excessive amounts of alcohol. And as Canada is a more civilised society who teach their children how to behave, and that none of you ever drink 'til you're over 19;-), it's just a bit of a shock to realise you beat our guys (and gals) this year :(
    Maybe a few of us vets will have to come back next year and show you how it's done :guiness:guiness