Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by tpcornet12, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I have just retuned from the International Tattoo in Canada appearing as a ten peice under the guise of Parc and Dare Band. Had a brilliant time and wondered if there is anyone out there that went or has a connection with the event?

We were the only Brits performing but I know of at least one Canadian that looks over this website. Lauren - I said I would mention you so now you need to register and reply ;)

In case anyone was wondering, Lauren plays trombone with the Canadian Ceremonial Gaurds and is officially the best looking thing to wear a Bear Skin!! :tup Some of us joined the CGs to play in an Act called Mardis Gras - playing Alan Fernie's "African Funk" accompanying dancers and jugglers in front of about 8,000 people! So, cheers Alan - had some fun with that peice!

I will now try and add a picture :-?

Cheers, Tim

Attached Files:

2. ConnBone24

ConnBone24 New Member

Officially the "Best Looking Thing in a Bearskin"...

Hey Tim!

I am also back from the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo and I am back to my duties on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. :p

It was a fantastic experience and I hope to see you there again next year, provided I get invited to go!

Maybe more pub nights next time? ;)

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  3. stopher

stopher Member

Hi Tim

Went in 2000 with Craig and co. Had an ace 3 weeks. Would say what we got up to but couldn;t afford the solicitor's fees plus what goes on tour, stays on tour!

Keith's lager!!!!!! Awesome!

4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Nice one Lauren... glad to see you joined us!! I am already booked for next year - which is quite easy as I am very cheap! I'd do anything for a handful of meal vouchers!!! Hope to see you next year then :D

5. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I went in 2004 and 2005, and had a brilliant time. First year only about 15 went so we only did the fanfares and a couple of blackouts, but second year we had loads so did a floor piece aswell.

Hope the CG's were better at the drinking games this year than a few years ago;-)

6. ConnBone24

ConnBone24 New Member

*Gasp*

Well now! I resent your implication that CG cannot out drink the Brits! :sup;)
    We most certainly beat you this year as well as last in the boat race. However,
    we are not as competent with the F*** Game since, of course, it was created by the English! :biggrin:
    Good times had by all.

7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Sorry no offence intended;-)
    It's just that us Brits have been training for many, many years in brass bands since we started playing on how to drink excessive amounts of alcohol. And as Canada is a more civilised society who teach their children how to behave, and that none of you ever drink 'til you're over 19;-), it's just a bit of a shock to realise you beat our guys (and gals) this year :(
    Maybe a few of us vets will have to come back next year and show you how it's done :guiness:guiness

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice