Royal Marines thank South Molten Band.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Sharpy, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Due to our impending deployment to Afghanistan, myself and other members of the Royal Marines Band Service have been based at Chivenor in Devon to train to be drivers. Whilst there four of us have had the pleasure of being able to keep our "lips in" at South Molten Town Band.

It was a great opportunity for some conducting practice too! But I would really just like to say thank you to the Liz Lofthouse and the band for looking after us and making us feel welcome and to wish them all the best for the future.

Rich, Darren, George, Warren and Mike.

2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

It's South Molton. ;) but anyway you guys stay safe over there.

3. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Thank You Rich!! It was fab having you all along, a breath of fresh air just when we needed it. :clap: We have all learned so much!!! Keep in touch and call in any time, you are all always be welcome. You'll have to bring Mrs Sharpy for a holiday - I'm sure she would love North Devon. :biggrin: I need some info off you so will send a pm.

Hope life back at Portsmouth isn't too bad and tell Warren to keep his head down!! and the rest of you when you get out there :tup

Liz

4. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

I'm glad you enjoyed our company, we enjoyed yours too. And as Liz said, we learnt a lot!! Hope you guys stay safe in afghanistan, and that when you're back you'll come and visit us.....and bring some friends!

Nicola.

5. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

I also had to pleasure to play with these guys at SM, so like to wish you the best of luck out in Afghanistan.

6. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Sorry, yes it is South Molton!! Had a bit of a brain fart moment when I wrote the original post and now cant edit it cos Im having a computer biff moment too!!!