Royal Doulton Band

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by WhiteStickMan, Feb 4, 2013.

1. WhiteStickMan

WhiteStickMan New Member

25 - 30 ish year rewind here - looking for Peter Young who may have been connected with Royal Doulton. Have come across some of his manuscript arrangements in our library.
    Anyone help?

Mike Caveney
    MD Trentham Brass

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Trentham Brass
    Peter Young
    Royal Doulton Band
    Mike Caveney
    ish year
  3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

4. WhiteStickMan

WhiteStickMan New Member

Many thanks Roger. I was searching our library for 'English' music to perform at a St George's concert and on the search for Fred Mortimer's John Peel when I came across the Peter Young arrangement in jazz/swing style. A fun arrangement and the band are enjoying it.
    Bit of embarassment here though - I was reading Peter's profile and realised that I have actually been on the same stage performing one of his compositions, a cantata for choir and orchestra, at the Victoria Hall in Stoke-on-Trent twelve years ago! Dementia setting in?
    Many thanks for the reply. See you at Bedworth.

5. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

Peter Young is currently to be found in Lancashire and conducts the Earby Band of which I'm a former member. My dad has contact details should you need any further information.

Regards

Rob

6. WhiteStickMan

WhiteStickMan New Member

Thanks Rob,
    Have sent Peter an e-mail on the website from #2. May get back to you if I don't get a result. Are Earby in Blackpool on 10 March?

Mike

7. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

Unfortunately, Earby haven't contested for nearly 10 years. It's in a depressed area of the country where kids leave to go to Uni and never come back - myself included. They never quite get up to a full band for long enough to be able to contest anymore.