Round the Horn

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by mikelyons, Dec 8, 2004.

1. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Completely at random, can I recommend to one and all the "Round the Horn revisited" now on at the Lowry Centre?

I started laughing as soon as it started and didn't stop until I was back in the car. Proper bona!
    (or maybe bo!)
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The show was in Southend a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find time to get there - shame, as I loved the old shows (several are available now on tape or cd).
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

For the younger users of this forum, would somebody care to explain what Round The Horn is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

It was a half-hour BBC Radio comedy show featuring Kenneth Horne, Kenneth Williams etc. - Can't remember during which years, but the shows have become classics.
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

See this link:

One of the highlights each week would be Kenneth William's folksinger, Rambling Syd Rumpole, with his spoof folksongs about mangling your wurzels and similar rural activities!
  6. mikelyons

WHo are you kidding LBB? ;)
  7. tubatu

tubatu Member

For those of you who can receive BBC Radio 7, Round The Horne is broadcast every week, along with other shows from that era, like Beyond our Ken, The Goons, I'm SorryI'll Read That Again, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue and many more.
  8. mikelyons

I'm sorry I Haven't A Clue (the originators of Mornington Crescent) is still on Radio 4. Stilll with many of the original panellists :) The old ones are still the old ones ;)
  9. mikelyons

Killed it - Stone dead :(