Rothwell Temperance Band - Players Needed

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by johnflugel, Jul 10, 2003.

1. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Championship Section Rothwell Temperance Band (Leeds/Wakefield) is on the look out for a 2nd horn and Percussionist to complete it's line up.

If you are interested, contact the band through their website www.rtb.org.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rothwell Temperance Band
    Wakefield
    Leeds
    Championship Section Rothwell Temperance Band
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

ROTHWELL TEMPERANCE BAND - PRINCIPAL EUPH REQUIRED

See www.rtb.org.uk for details of Principal Euphonium chair with Rothwell Temperance Band (Yorkshire Championship Section)

4. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Anybody in Yorkshire not playing with a band at all?

If you are in Yorkshire and not currently playing with a band. With backing from the Rothwell Temperance Band I am starting up a new venture :wink: Potentially, very exciting and productive.

PM and I will explain all: all standards of players considered.

John

5. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

is that the band wich has enterd the 2nd sectionat the areas next year?

6. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

No.

PM if you are interested.

John

7. markyboy

markyboy Member

Perhaps you are thinking of the re-formed Rockingham Band who are competing at the areas for the first time in many a year.
    (Nice to see you back!!)

8. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

yes thats the one! thanxs whats this band then?

9. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Rothwell Temperance band - Horn Required

The band needs a Horn player (to sit 1st) for the new year.

After a good year last year (win at the Senior Cup, 4th at the Yorkshire Area and CD release) the band goes into the new year with real confidence. Settled young team with great bandroom atmosphere! Trips to Areas, Grand Shield and Masters all confirmed, plus a mystrey foreign trip later in the year. We wouldn't mind a trip to the Open in September too, if we can :wink:

Contact the band through the website www.rtb.org.uk or if you want to specifics PM me, I will try point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

John

10. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

ALL Tenor Horn players in/near Yorkshire, read this please

Want a new challenge after the Areas?

Rothwell Temperance Band (Championship Section-MD David Roberts) invite applicants for a horn player to join the section. We have a full section for the area but welcome applications (ideally for first horn) to join the section before or after the contest. After a crack at the Area, we will be working in the attempt to get out the Grand Shield and into the British Open as well as work for the All England Masters in May. We also have a contest in Europe towards the end of the year. One the best young bands in the country has an exciting time ahead.

Send me an email/PM or apply through the band's website ww.rtb.org.uk

John

11. Rhytium

Rhytium New Member

1st Horn Player needed for Rothwell Temperance Band

Please go to

www.rtb.org.uk

for more information and to apply for the position.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rothwell Temperance Band
    Wakefield
    Leeds
    Championship Section Rothwell Temperance Band
  13. Rhytium

Rhytium New Member

1st Horn Vacancy in Yorkshire

Rothwell Temperance Band in Leeds need a 1st Horn player.

For more details and to contact the band please visit
    www.rtb.org.uk

14. Rhytium

Rhytium New Member

Percussionist needed for Rothwell Temperance Band

Please go to www.rtb.org.uk
    to find out more details and apply for the position.

15. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Rothwell Temps seek Percussionist

Rothwell Temperance Band, a Championship Section band in Yorkshire, are seeking a percussionist. The band rehearse five minutes from Junction 30 of the M62, on Monday and Wednesday evenings.

If you are interested, or want more details, please let me know or have a look at the website - http://www.rtb.org.uk.

Tim.

16. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Rothwell Temps seek Second Baritone

Rothwell Temperance Band, a Championship Section band in Yorkshire, are seeking a second baritone. The band rehearse five minutes from Junction 30 of the M62, on Monday and Wednesday evenings.

We're also still after a regular percussionist.

If you are interested, or want more details, please let me know or have a look at the website - http://www.rtb.org.uk.

Tim.

17. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Rothwell Temperance Band (Championship Section) require 2nd Baritone

Not an official release from the band, but we have been asked to 'scout' around.

RTB requires a Second Baritone, owing to our present player leaving for University. The band will be back at the British Open next year as well as working towards another excellent result at the Yorkshire Area. The band also has a number of projects planned before then (concerts, broadcasts, recording etc)

Personally speaking, the band is great: lots of young players and has a great atmosphere and camaraderie. On taking the 2nd bari chair you would have chance to sit next to, in my opinion, one of the best, most experienced baritone players in the country....sure the successful applicant will learn alot from him!
    If you interested, take a look at www.rtb.org.uk and you can apply through there.

If you want any info, then you can Pm if you want and I will answer what I can for you.

18. Soph

Soph New Member

that is one great chair, come on ppl!!

19. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

Rothwell Temperance require 1st Horn

Rothwell Temperance Band are in need of a player to fill the first horn seat.

We rehearse Monday and Wednesday evenings just off J30 of the M62 to the south of Leeds.

For more details about the band, please see www.rtb.org.uk

Tim.

20. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Rothwell Temperance need Principal Euph and Cornet

Just a reminder note that Rothwell Temperance Band still require a Principal Cornet and Euphonium after the summer break. The band will compete at the British Open again in September, take part in a number of excellent concerts and a recording in October.

Fantastic opportunity for the right people within young, friendly band with a growing reputation.

Details on our website:

www.rtb.org.uk

21. dobby

dobby New Member

Rothwell Top Man

Just heard via the grapevine that Rothwell Temps are looking for a new top man. Can anyone confirm this?

Dobby

22. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

i can't confirm it but i can say that i've heard that to. we'll have to wait and see what comes on the 4barsrest classified pages.