Rosie and Jim

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GingerMaestro, Mar 23, 2006.

1. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

My kids used to whatch Rosie and Jim on Video and in on of the episodes there is a brass band marching up to a church fete and then playing sat down at he fete

Could anyone tell me who the band are and if you were playing in it

Thanks in advance

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rosie
    Jim My
    Jim
    whatch Rosie
    brass band
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if its the band marching you mention, but I know that Unity Brass appeared in an episode of Rosie and Jim. What colour are the uniforms?

4. GingerMaestro

Red I think

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Could be then, their uniforms used to be a burgandy colour. I know their solo euph - Jim, is a member here, but I can't remember his username. No doubt he'll be able to enlighten you further if he sees this thread.

6. GingerMaestro

Now you mention it I think they were more sort of a wine colour rather than actual red

Brilliant Thanks for that:tup

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

8. vonny

vonny Member

Did pav appear on rosie and jim then - a rag doll? They are lovable little dollies I think ;)

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Im not sure if he was on it but he will know, hes a Unity chap but if I was directing a kids show I wouldnt let him near the camera. ;) haha

10. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Yes Unity Brass did an episode of Rosie and Jim. Our uniforms at the time were Red

11. GingerMaestro

Did you march and then play outside on the grass by i think it was a church

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rosie
    Jim My
    Jim
    whatch Rosie
    brass band
  13. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

We filmed an episode of Rosie and Jim quite a number of years ago. We filmed it on Western Park in Leicester and believe it or not it took around nine hours to film!! However in between takes we were entertained with Rosie and Jim having lots of arguments and usuing some very choice words!!! The episode is called MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS> We did'nt march though and we played on a bandstand. We would be easily recognisable by our MD Rob Boulters VERY loud shirt!!!

Cheers

JIM

14. Pav

Pav Member

You'll be hearing from my lawyers, March.

Alternatively, you could buy me a pint the next time I see you.

Nothing to add to the Rosie & Jim thread except there's a picture of them and the band on the bandroom wall.

If anyone, especially cornet players, would care to see the picture viewings can be arranged Mondays & Wednesdays at 8pm.

Pav

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006