Rooney vs Ronaldo - Who'll come out on top?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Jun 22, 2004.

?

Who'll come out on top this thursday?

1. Rooney and England

97.8%
  2. Ronaldo and Portugal

2.2%
  1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Thursday will see the two biggest upcoming talents in world football go head to head.

Rooney has already shown what a great goalscorer he is and Ronaldo has shown how technically brilliant he is. Both are carry there teams at the moment and are really playing well.

So who will inspire there team to victory, Rooney or Ronaldo...

Gonna be Rooney of course :D

2. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

[chants] Rooney! Rooney! Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!

could be called the clash of the titans :roll: (well maybe not......)

(walks to corner)

:wink:

3. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

in true football hating style....
    WHO CARES!!!

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have my suspicions that rooney will get frustrated when faced with a half decent team (as he did against the French) and probably hack Ronaldo down and get himself sent off...

Anyway, I think Ronaldo will be the man in this one!

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I agree with lynchie. Rooney is a great talent but his temperament is suspect. If things aren't going Englands way then I can see him losing the rag.

One also has to remember that Portugese football is enjoying bright period at the moment. Porto winning the Champions League with an almost all Portugese team and most of them make up the national squad too. England will have their work cut out for them - should be a good match.

6. EbHorny

EbHorny Member

I think Rooney will find it very difficult 2moro, as I think he's gonna be man marked. As the previous 2 posts have said, he might loose his head and get at least a yellow, if not a red to match the strip!

7. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

This just opens up the field for Owen (who has been the one defences have concentrated on so far), I'm not sure there are many defences that could keep tabs on both of them.

8. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i thought ronaldo was italian... :? but i went for rooney!!!! oh and michael owen :shock:

9. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Both are too young to realize what they are doing at present. Only time will tell if they can really be called 'great'.

As for who will come out on top i'm torn between wanting england to win and being a Utd fan wanting to see Ronaldo take the world by storm !

Ronaldo man of the match, Gary Neville to score the winning goal (set up by Rooney) will do me !

10. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

ROONEY!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Rooney
    Ronaldo - Who
    talents
    :D
    Ronaldo
  12. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

different ronaldo, oh no, he plays for brazil :?

13. I agree - down with all the yet-another-euro-2004 posts
    we got told off by Mr Payn for having more than one anti-football thread!

14. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Well it beats soggy tennis and cricket!! At least the players don't have to go off mid-match if there's the smallest drop of rain. A wet pitch doesn't even seem to put them off diving and rolling around :D

England would be daft to concentrate all their attentions on Ronaldo...there's plenty more talent in the Portugal team to worry about, not least Deco!

Ronaldo has been getting better throughout the tournament but the number of crosses put into the box which are any good have been limited to say the least (and I won't even start with the ratio of crosses to step-overs :p Having said that, at least Portugal have a midfield player who can get crosses into the box.........!

Hope the hype hasn't got to Wayne and that he gives England the spark that has got them this far.

15. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Ronaldo apparently.

16. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

17. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Ashley Cole got the better of him more than most defenders he's come up against in the tournament so far though :D

No contest in the end....no Rooney...... :cry:

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ooo... right in the metatarsels...

19. 18 of you were wrong. Hahahaha - i wasn't
    [/quote]

20. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

It's gonna be a tough match, I'm hoping England'll win, glad Beckhams not playing, he's cr*p at the mo!