Room 101

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy Moore, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

What would you put in Room 101?

I'm gona have a bit of a think about it before i say what I'd put in ...
  2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

3. jonford

jonford Member

Band Committees!
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

French Horns!
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... Bens signature image...:metal:
  6. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Ave it!!

I'd put in Dance and modern R'n'B music along with all traces they ever existed!!
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... actually, I'd put that new(ish) Air Freshner advert in Room 101... you know, the one where the pratty boy says... "did you see that puff!!"

Very sad indeed....
  8. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I'd also like to put all Man Utd fans in room 101... Not the team... Just the fans...
  9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

My office at work is room 101...
  10. lister89

lister89 Member

11. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Peter Mandleson
  12. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

... John's synth ... :evil:
  14. trombelle

trombelle Member

flippin' 4x4's and SUVs GRRRRR
  15. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

And all those that think pink J20 is Red. :hammer
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Question number 38. :hammer :ranting2:
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Since the original idea of Room 101 was that it was the place where you were confronted by what you most feared, does our Bunny have an inferiority complex vis a vis our orchestral brothers (and sisters) :?: ;) :D
  18. HBB

HBB Active Member

*whistles innocently*
  19. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

I would love to get rid of the prejudice present in much of the brass band world against those of us who play symphonic brass instruments - as already seen in this thread.

I do realise that it must be difficult for some people to comprehend that music does exist outside of contests and brass band concerts, but trumpets and horns have been around for a considerable while longer than cornets, tenor horns, euphoniums, tubas etc and without them the instruments you play might well not have existed.

For you horn players, consider this - how many french horn players have started on tenor horn and then moved on to playing french horn? Now, how many have made the reverse journey?
    For cornet players - how many of the top trumpet players started life in playing cornet and then moved on to trumpet?

Now, can't all forms of music making get along?
  20. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Backing for Mr Tubb here! I play in many different ensembles (including quite a bit more orchestral stuff than band stuff), and would also like to see French Horns relegated to Room 101. Unless more of the people who play them can learn to play them to an acceptable standard...

(And yes, I am well aware that they are harder to play in some ways than other brass instruments)

{That was meant to be a flying pig emoticon in the middle there, but I can't get it to work - any ideas, anyone?}