Rogerstone band needs you!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tam-tam, Jul 1, 2003.

1. tam-tam

tam-tam Member

The Rogerstone Band

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Due to players leaving for University and jobs abroad, the Rogerstone Band (First Section) who are located near Newport, South Wales, have vacancies on the following instruments:-

Eb or Bb bass
    Solo Horn
    Flugel

Anyone interested in these positions can either send me a private message or e-mail me at 13priory@tiscali.co.uk

Tim Gittins

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  2. tam-tam

tam-tam Member

See above!

3. tam-tam

tam-tam Member

The Rogerstone Band - Principal Cornet

The Rogerstone Band are in need of a principal cornet. If you need a challenge or a change we would love to hear from you. Rogerstone are a very friendly first section band based near Newport just off Junction 28 of the M4. If you are interested send me a private message or e-mail me on 13priory@tiscali.co.uk

Tim Gittins
    The Rogerstone Band

4. Gilesy

Gilesy New Member

Rogerstone Band S.Wales

The Rogerstone Band ( S.Wales ) has vacancies for the following permanent positions:
    Solo Cornet
    BBb Bass
    The band is also competing in the Bugle contest in June and has vacancies specifically for this contest on:
    Euphonium
    Trombone
    BBb Bass
    To find out more about the band visit www.rogerstone-band.com or contact Steve Giles on 07773674856
    Julian Sheppard on 01633 676298

5. Liz Stanley

Liz Stanley New Member

Rogerstone band is currently looking for:

An Eb or Bb Bass player
    and
    a cornet/flugel horn player.

All players welcome. please contact
    liz@stanley-family.co.uk

6. welshbari_1992

welshbari_1992 New Member

Eb or Bb Bass in South Wales Rogerstone

Rogerstone Band [www.rogerstoneband.co.uk]

Required: Eb or Bb BassHowever everyone's welcome !We compete in 1st section locally and 2nd section nationally. We are currently working towards future concerts and the regional area rounds under the baton of Mark Hutcherson. Contact:If you want to be a member of a friendly and enthusiastic band contact:-Ben Roberts- pusscool@hotmail.co.ukJulian Shepard- 07794606140

7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Hi Ben! Hope you are well!!

Hope you manage to find a bass player before the area! I will see if I can think of one for you. Will hopefully see you in a week or 2 as I am up in Wales and may well come for a blow if allowed!! Can't come to the Area contest though as mine in the West of England is on the same day.

Seriously, anyone reading this should in such a position should consider joining Rogerstone - great people - I didn't spend over 10 years there for nothing you know!!

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I can echo what Tim says about Rogerstone band. Jen and I helped the band out for a year or, several years ago and we had a great time. Very welcoming and friendly bunch... good band too!!

<offtopic>Hey Tim - good to see you on here... did you manage to find that teaching job?
    /offtopic

9. welshbari_1992

welshbari_1992 New Member

Thanks everyone !!

10. Rogibander

Rogibander New Member

The Rogerstone Band

The Rogerstone Band

Require a Front Row Cornet, following a successful contest period including promotion to 1st section nationally. The band are looking to complete their exciting new set up. All members are welcome and applications are dealt within the strictest confidence.

With vibrant new leadership the band has many future dates including concerts, contests and possible tour. All players are welcome.

If you want to be a member of an enthusiastic and friendly band contact :-

Ben Roberts - benr1992@googlemail.com
    Julian Shepard- 0779460614

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Rogerstone
    Solo Horn Flugel
    First Section
    @tiscali.co.uk
    Rogerstone band
  12. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Yeah, I spent years there and can highly recommend it. A fun and friendly band! It's too far for me to come and help you out on the front row but enjoyed playing at a sunny Barry Island last week!! Possible tour - sounds good to me!!

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  13. Any excuse to get to a pub with this lot eh Tim? Hope all is well with you down in Devon.

I acn only echo the fact that this lot are very welcoming, work and play hard and well worth a look

Regards, Selwyn.