Roger Webster injured.... :(

Discussion in 'Random Chat & Off Topic...' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 12, 2003.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Just read this information off 4BR.... wishing Roger a speedy recovery from all of us here at tMP in time for the upcoming finals...

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=1436

John

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

very sorry to hear about Rogers accident...

Best wishes to him on a swift recovery!

3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Yep Get well soon Roger.

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

I'll drink to that!
    Let's hope he makes a full recovery in time for the Nationals.

:wink:

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

6. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

get well soon Roger

7. Fifi

Fifi Member

i fell down the stires once but no1 worte about me on 4bars rest and i am the next femele version of mr webster!!!! Scary thought hey!!

Get well soon though
    and p.s i do massages for porrly peeps. very good i am

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Did a contest with cracked ribs once, and never been in so much pain in my life. If Roger even walks onto the stage next week we should give him an ovation for having the guts to carry on.

Get better soon Roger, and take whatever painkillers they throw at you!

9. leisa

leisa Active Member

awwww poor roger!!! thats twice this year is it not???? 1st time he hurt his mouth dint he?? sure he did cos he was suppose to do a sectional with us b4 the areas but he couldnt cos he fell down the stairs that mornin!!!

awwww!! anyway get well soon!!!!! :cry: :p

10. markyboy

markyboy Member

Although I dont know Roger personally, from what I do know about him I think it will take a lot more than this to stop him!
    Get well soon!!
    ps Anyone fancy a 50p bet he plays fantastic at the RAH??

11. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Get well soon Roger from all your friends at Scottish Co-op Band.

12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

indeed, get well soon roger. he did a masterclass and concert with my youth band a couple of years ago and he was a very nice bloke.

also, that concert was being dvdised so for years to come people will watch a black dyke DVD wondering why there's no Roger Webster leading the cornets!

13. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

If they keep the spoken introduction to Clear Skies from the concert, then it will be obvious, as they explained about his accident there. :)

14. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

get well soon :)

15. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

Of course we all wish Roger a very speedy recovery, and hopefully he will be fit in time for Sunday. But if he doesn't make it....odds on David Daws playing top man instead, anyone?

Just a thought.....

Dave

16. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

Whats on Sunday? :?

17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

Omnibus edition of Eastenders!

18. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

19. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Wishing Roger a speedy recovery and he better be fit for Saturday, because i have Black Dyke to win!!!

Have to say that Roger is such a great player and not to have him at RAH on Saturday would be a great shame!

Get well soon Roger and all the best to all of the Yorkshire bands!(and as im playing in the North now, all the best to Ever Ready and EYMS!)

CJ
    Front Row, Cottingham band.

20. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: It had been a long day...had some difficulty engaging brain before typing. We all want Roger on stage on Saturday, me included!! Or maybe he'd rather put his feet up and wait for Eastenders on Sunday.....