Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by chizzum, Mar 7, 2006.

1. chizzum

chizzum Member

Anyone from Rochdale or past players from here? Nice to get a Music Centre convo going! Old friends reunited!
  2. MickM

MickM Member

How far back do you want to go? I was there between 1970 - 1978, way, way before your time! The purple shirt day's :cool:
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

I joined Rochdale band back in 1990 ish when Nick Childs was conducting. Yikes such a long time ago. Was very, very fortunate to play in the band on the Sovereign Soloists CD.
  4. MickM

MickM Member

Hi Alex,

I think chizzum is refering to Rochdale youth band ???

(Don't want to hijack his thread, but it would be a great idea to also have a Rochdale Band reunion sometime)
  5. chizzum

chizzum Member

Well thanks but i was refering to Rochdale Music Centre yes but any plays from Rochdale are welcome. Its nice to know who came from Rochdale in the banding world.
  6. Nathan Mills

Nathan Mills New Member

Im from rochdale......well Duh!!!! The music centre is really good and full of great people!!!

I'd recomend it for younger ones that want to learn music but some great names have come from the music centre over the past yeasr going way back like 20 years ago.

Eg. Stuart Lingard
    Hayley Moore

Their the only ones ive Heard to have gone to rochdale in the Rochdale music centre band years back but i bet their is more out and about.
  7. vonny

vonny Member

I'm from Bury, but i played with Rochdale youth band at the same time as Stuart Lingard... I had some great time playing with the band. I also played with Kingsway for a while to.
    Good to see you on tmp Nathan :)
  8. Ali

Ali Member

I was also there at the time when Stuart Lingard was there.David Morris was the man in the middle then. It was the best youth band I had ever played for! Some quality players who went on to play for the likes of YBS, Brighouse, Todmorden and Hepworth.