Robot Conductors ...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GJG, May 14, 2008.

1. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Robot Conductors
    URL
    robot adjudicators
    contest results
    issues
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

The newspaper review this morning mentioned that the headline in one rag read 'Android Previn'. Most amusing!

5. MattB

MattB Member

Wow! As an experiment that was incredible! Love the bowing at the end actually! the orchestra seemed to enjoy it too. Reckon it could play bass for me tomorrow night?

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

..just like so many conductors I know...;)

You'd have to be careful though - the "laser-beam stare" if you played a wrong note might just be a real laser...

7. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I'd like it if they created a whole band/orchestra full of robots with mechanical instruments as well.

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

In a similar vein anyone else old / sad enough to remember this Not the Nine O'clock News(?) sketch based on a Fiat(?) ad from the 80's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-tuY0Z7nQ

Dammit I can't remember how to do the YouTube linky thing.... :(

9. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Ever been to a Kraftwerk concert?

10. Adrian Horn

Adrian Horn Member

11. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Is the robot really playing it?!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Robot Conductors
    URL
    robot adjudicators
    contest results
    issues
  13. Mephi

Mephi Member

Given the outfit, can we assume that this is the banding 'stig' from Top Gear? will leave it open as to who it is!

14. catto09

catto09 Member

Wow, the conductor robot was awesome! There must be a way to make it interactive...
    As for the trumpet playing robot - i didn't like it. There was no contrast to the playing and I thought that there was a regular note value throughout. The tone was about the only good thing to it...

15. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Erm, now then, let me think :-? :-? ....................................................nope. ;)

16. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Me neither! I've always found their robotic type of music to be dull and passionless - despite how much my brother likes it. I just thought they'd be a good example.

After all, if that's how robotic humans can make music sound, Imagine what an orchestra would sound like with a hundred soulless machines playing the instruments?

Probably note-perfect and tedious as hell.