Robinson's Law

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pythagoras, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Trying to come up with a formula to model drinking done at contests. Felt that the biggest factors were time between playing and results and where you came in the results, ie winners and losers drink more than mediocre middle finishers. First approximation is:

Modulus (x-median finish) + 2h

where x is your position and h is the hours from playing to result. Need to factor in other variables and need data on how much people drank at Butlins!
    (Thanks to timbloke and neiltwist for tips and suggestions at Butlins yesterday)
  2. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Man, I really miss Sheffield banding drinking sessions. ;)
  3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

you also need to factor price and quality of beer, I must say that I thought the lager at Butlins was horrific, which is why I moved on to Alcopops, but I can drink them all day and night and not feel a thing

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Frank Renton remarked when introducing Redbridge this morning, that a number one draw can make it an expensive day ;)
  5. But do northerners drink more than southerners?
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Not neccessarily, I've got it on good authority that Cornishwomble can drink pints and pints of shandy!! :biggrin:
  7. timbloke

timbloke Member

No probs. think you also need to factor in the instrument played and the amount of money you've just won... What fantastic prize money, pity we were nowhere near the prizes... actually we were only one place off winning the fourth section :eek:
  8. Ffion Flugel

Ffion Flugel Member

More beer, less creme de menthe:rolleyes: