Robin Hood

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SuperMosh, Oct 29, 2006.

1. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Really tried to like this but am fed up with the following now:

- That flipping arrow sound
    - Robin breaking into the castle - 3 weeks on the bounce now
    - The simmering and somewhat bizarre 'tension' between Robin and Much

Anybody else think this is tosh?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    arrow sound
    Anybody
    Robin Hood
    bounce
    tosh
  3. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Don't even watch it... that's how good I thought it was before it started.

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Watched the first episode, which I thought was ok - my 6 year old son loved it though! We have the other 3 episodes on video - will probably get round to watch them over half term. Mind you, I don't expect to enjoy them much having seen you post Mosh!

5. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

My missus does archery and keeps telling me how rubbish his bow technique is; apparently if you actually shoot like he does chances are you'll break your fingers.

It's getting a bit annoying actually. She didn't quibble like that about Legolas.....:mad:

6. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Sorry mate - my view may be well off aim but my little lad thought it was ace too. It might grow on me I suppose - I still pine for a re-run of Maid Marrian and her Merry Men. Now that was class!

7. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

I watched the first episode (hoping all the way through that it might improve), and then after band (later that week) described it to someone who'd missed it. He wasn't impressed, and the more I remembered, the less impressed I was as well.

Like - recurved bow. Hmmm... Scimitar - hmmm... The 'arrows between axeman's fingers - Thud - Thud - Thud - ThudThud' - hmmm... Marion (not Maid Marion ;) ) piercing chain mail with an overgrown kirby grip at 15 paces - hmmm... and when he was cutting the hangman's ropes, how did he manage to nock two arrows at once? Hmmm...

Managed about five minutes of episode two before heading off to find some freshly-painted surface to admire while the Dulux cured. :rolleyes:

8. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Yes. It's tosh, but............ if you tape it and watch it after a big Sunday lunch, it's the type of tosh that helps the dinner down, is watchable without too much concentration, and it fills the gap made by removing the Sunday swashbuckler or Sunday western. Until John Wayne and Errol Flynn return, I'll quite happily put up with Robin Hood................. and of course Maid Marion! :)

9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

We watch it every week hoping it will get better, even missing the first part of NCIS for it. Still hoping.

10. flower girl

flower girl Member

well i dont particularly like it, but the fellow who plays robin hood makes it bearable to watch:D

11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

But Legolas was a) terminally sexy and b) able to shoot for real...

Yes I noticed the anachronistic recurve bow but since the whole series is toss I forbore to complain.
    Bring back Michael Praed, Clannad and The Hooded Man say I.
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    arrow sound
    Anybody
    Robin Hood
    bounce
    tosh
  13. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that is precisely the reason she kept schtumm....:mad:

Quality! :tup

14. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Roooobin, Roooobin. The Hooded Man!

15. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Julie and I look forward to this contemporary inerpretation of the Robin Hood legend. What we like in particular is the way some of the actors create their characters'. There is both an element of humour and disbelief. The Sherif of Nottingham is brilliant. We love the way that 'Maid Marion' is in touch with her masculine side. The posh one who says things like "this rabbit is not fully cooked' is hilarious. It was sad in the last episode, when that poor fellow ended up having to die. I admit, some of it is beyond belief, which is part of it's appeal, like in the first episode, when Robin was firing arrows to cut into the hangman's noose - first one, then another, then two at a time, and to top it all, he through a sword into the air to stop his friend being thrown from a great height - for a moment, I thought of "Zena, Warrior Princess" :biggrin: Great stuff. SuperMosh, I notice that your avatar is "Dog, the Bounty Hunter", that's another one I like.

16. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Used to love Zena - also Hercules - bit of escapism never did anyone any harm! ;)

17. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Cheers Youngblood ;)

18. 1st Position

1st Position Member

And what about the line in an earlier episode. You didn't shoot the sheriff, but you did shoot the deputy! Priceless.:clap:

19. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

:p Oh yes, Julie and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. (For those who don't know, Eric Clapton had a no.1 single in the 1970's which began, "I shot the sherif, but I didn't shoot the deputy").

20. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

robin hood.
    How did he hide inside the Major Oak, sat on his horse, watching for the Sherriff, when, according to the time he actually did this, the major oak was a sappling 16" tall and St Mary's Church was built 200 years after he got married to Maid Marion?
    Perhaps I just lived in Edwinstowe far too long! Farnsfield aint that bad!

Edwinstowe...Great place to live and still home of the ever popular Thoresby Colliery Band.. God's speed Martin and the lads/lasses.... x