Road pricing - lets stop it.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BigHorn, Feb 1, 2007.

1. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Have you signed the petition against road pricing yet?
    If you don't want to be taxed off the road by the enviro-fascists then please log on to the Government's own official Downing Street web site and make your views known.
    Currently there are over 600,000 signatures - it would be nice to think that a million people will sign it before it is taken off on the 20th February.

Be warned though, in the usual arrogant New Labour 'I know best' manner, the views of the general public will be totally ignored.

In my simplistic opinion if they don't want traffic to travel down a road they should stick up a couple of no entry signs at either end - job done for about 30 quid. No need for multi-million pound spys in the sky and pricing all but the super rich off the road.

SIGN PETITION HERE

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yes, the new proposals are rather big-brother'ish, and I agree with you 100%.

3. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Just noticed who started the petition - a Mr Peter Roberts.
    Could it be HIM !!

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Yes. It's definitely him. Mr. Peter Roberts.

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Interesting to note that as well as giving your email address you have to provide a postal address too before it will be accepted - 628,000 addresses have now been collected on this petition - Big Brother? and people are worried about the government monitoring where your car goes - now they know where we all live :)

6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

I just hope some of the money is spent on improving public transport, as this is the only way people will leave their cars.

7. Bungle

Bungle Member

From listening to Mr Ladyman on the radio this morning, the idea is to reduce traffic at peak times, so you would only see an improvement in public transport at peak times :biggrin: So busses would still be once an hour after 7pm and finish at 10pm.