RNCM Festival 2013

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by James Yelland, Nov 28, 2012.

1. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Tickets for the 2013 RNCM Festival of Brass are still not available for sale. I've never known them to be unavailable so late as only one month before the event. Does anyone know what's going on?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    RNCM Festival
    2013 RNCM Festival of Brass
    month
    RNCM Festival of Brass
    event
  3. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Unless I've missed something and we've already had Christmas it's 2 months to go.

4. James Yelland

Well, yes, alright - I've been under a lot of pressure recently. But these tickets have in the past been available round about September time, was my point.

5. JeniH

JeniH New Member

Hi everyone. The RNCM Festival of Brass 2013 is now on sale. Apologies for the delay, we've been experiencing a few issues with the new website. Please follow this link for more information and to book: http://www.rncm.ac.uk/festivalofbrass - Any questions just let me know.

Kind regards,
    Jeni (RNCM).

6. James Yelland

A chance to hear the two Robin Holloway pieces again after all these years. Hurray!

7. Sop68

Sop68 New Member

I'm interested in how the Robin Holloway piece We're playing is going to sound?
    Should be fun!
    Would love to be playing Energy again after all these years but I suppose you can't have everything.
    I think this Festival is one of the most important events in the calendar and would recommend it to everyone!
    There should be more of these weekends throughout the year!

8. PGS4038

PGS4038 New Member

Does anyone know if there is to be any Radio 3 coverage of the festival this year?

9. Ali

Ali Member

Fodens and Dyke were recorded so l imagine so

10. PGS4038

PGS4038 New Member

Thanks Alan, I'll get my magnifying glass out and look at the R3 schedules then :tup

11. James Yelland

Were they? I saw the BBC van there on Saturday evening for Foden's, but it wasn't there on Friday night. Perhaps someone in the front row was recording it on their phone.....

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    RNCM Festival
    2013 RNCM Festival of Brass
    month
    RNCM Festival of Brass
    event
  13. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

To the best of my knowledge Dyke, Faireys, Tredegar and Leyland were recorded for archive purposes by the tech staff at the RNCM (if they hadn't been able to so it, I'd been asked by Paul if i was available to cover them)....with Foden's being done for the beeb....not sure about Cory....

14. Ali

Ali Member

My mistake then. It was a presumption re: Dyke.

15. James Yelland

I have just remembered that Paul Hindmarsh flagged up a discussion on the state of brass bands, coming up on Music Matters, Radio Three, 12.15pm, Saturday 2nd February.