RIP Ken sanderson

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by tat, Apr 24, 2013.

1. tat

tat Member

It is with great sadness that Whitworth Vale & Healey band have to report the death of Ken Sanderson on the 23rd April 2013.
    Ken had been a great servant for Whitworth having been a very sucessful MD in the late 80's and then playing on the back row cornets until ill health brought his playing to a close in 2008.
    Ken had an illustrious career playing cornet firstly for Besses Boys Band before moving on to play as principal cornet in the Besses o'th Barn Band which he held for a number of years.

Funeral arrangements will be added here when confirmed

2. MattB

MattB Member

So sad to hear this. Ken was a long standing member of Besses, and is still held in very high regard. I will endeavour to attend his funeral if possible. We will play a hymn tune for Ken tonight to show our respects.

3. Mello

Mello Member

One of the unsung greats. He had no idea how good he was, I contested with Besses on Clive of India and he was awesome. Many other great individual performances followed. Thanks for the memories Ken.

4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Yet another sad day with one of the greats from my past leaving us.

Condolences to his family.

5. tat

tat Member

Funeral details are as follows:
    Wednesday 1st May, 9.30am
    Colwyn Bay Crematorium,
    Dinerth Rd,
    LL28 4YL.

We are looking to put a group together to play at the funeral, if you want to play then please advise on here or PM me.

6. tat

tat Member

A big thank you to Lee, Andrew, Jane, Peter, Jim & Sarah for joining with us to play at the funeral