Rienzi - errata sheet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I'm sure the boys at 4BR won't mind but I've highjacked the errata sheet which has been published for Rienzi.

Pity they didn't proof read it before they published it though!

;)

2. Jonno

Jonno Member

Here we go again !!!!!!!!!

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

yeaaaa, i saw this earlier on..... didnt surprise me really...

:rolleyes:

4. flahshorn

flahshorn Account Suspended

Bar 57: horn 2 and barit. 2 should also be dim

Hmm, think I can manage that! :D

5. A J Foad

A J Foad Member

Why is it that every time a new (and I use this term in the loosest possible way, particularly where Rienzi is concerned) testpiece is announced there seems to be an errata sheet as long as your arm? Surely it the duty of any serious publisher to ensure that all details are correct before going to press. It sometimes makes me wonder whether publishers of brass band test pieces think they're on to such a winner, ie every band in the section has to buy the music, that they feel they don't need to apply the stringent sort of checks they would to a piece for general commercial release. This sloppiness would not be accepted in the 'real' world - why do we as brass bander accept it in ours...?

6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

A great post this is, in fact apart from 3rd Section all area test this year have mistakes in them
    The first Section O MY WORD!! we have got 3 pages full of mistakes we have found

7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I think a lot of MD's in the 3rd Section would beg to differ with that comment.

;)