Richard Madeley on Sop?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by HelenMcBaritone, Jan 29, 2009.

1. HelenMcBaritone

HelenMcBaritone New Member

Richard Madeley on Sop?

Not wishing to name drop or anything (honest guv!) but I was having an exchange of thoughts with Richard Madelely last night and he mentioned that Judy is a virtuoso trombone player. I asked if she’d like to come and play with us sometime but he said he was too shy. Now he may have been pulling my leg so I was just curious to know if anyone knows of Judy’s trombone playing?

Richard himself said he was a big fan (indeed we discussed a possible ‘Celebrity Brass Band TV show which he was tempted by) and when I asked him if he’d like to try out soprano cornet for a fine and very sociable North-East band he said he would, pending medical clearance and a truss (after a ‘little accident’ he said). I’m really not sure he’s up to it so if you fancy taking his sop seat for the Regionals at Darlington this year, please PM me.
  2. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well, you could just get him to pick you up some wine on his way to rehearsals though. ;)
  4. brownrob

brownrob Member

He could turn up to a gig with the Ali G Getup on! :D
  5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I think banding has enough primadonnas!!
  6. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Better make sure Judy's walking outs fit properly, just recovered from the sight of her last accident!!! Mind you, with all the shaking she does on telly, I bet her vib is lush!!!
  7. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Damn, you got in before me! :clap:

Don't forget the smoked salmon!
  8. leisa

leisa Active Member

I'm not really a fan of Richard
  9. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Is this the same Richard Madeley who (live on C4) grasped a pocket trumpet by the mouthpiece, and dropped the instrument on the deck (Ooops, we'll pay for the damage...) :rolleyes:

Yeah, we'd sign him - on a damned cold day....:biggrin:

PS As a recruitment thread, it's not working too well, is it?
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009