Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by bagpuss, Jun 23, 2003.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Just come back from the Rhyl festival today (Sunday), met a lot of new faces (and a few old ones!!), had a really great time. Thanks to the lads and lasses from Deiniolen band who made us very welcome (even though I wasn't playing). Look forward to seeing you all again soon

2. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Any results?!
  3. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

1. Crewe
    2. Haydock
    3. Pemberton Old

My head hurts :(
  4. Colin K

Colin K Member

Top Section
    1 Crew Co-op
    2 Haydock
    3 Pemberton

2nd section
    1 Wire Brass

Overall Entertainment
  5. rach marriott

rach marriott Member

He he! Have fun then did we Mr Warder! :lol:

Alcoholism, is a terrible thing! :wink:
  6. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

Does anyone know the results for 3rd Section?
  7. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Aiye, and so did your fella!!! Difference is I'm off work today and he isn't!! Muwahahahahaha :D
  8. rach marriott

rach marriott Member

Aiye, and so did your fella!!! Difference is I'm off work today and he isn't!! Muwahahahahaha :D[/quote]

I think he's suffering! :?

Do you remember your curry this time? :lol:
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

Cheers Darren! We had a great day - it was nice to meet up with a few people from here! Look forward to meeting up again.

We really enjoyed working with TheMouthpiece's very own Roger Thorne for this contest, and also Elin (twigglet), Alex and Steph from Wem - cheers guys.

2nd Section Results:

1. Wire Brass
    2. Llanrug
    3. Deiniolen

Soloist - Cornet - Llanrug
    Percussion - Wire Brass

Don't have the Third Section results sorry - will try and get them today (still suffering a bit after yesterday ;) )
  10. twigglet

twigglet Member

You were a bit drunk when I left! I don't know if you remember, I was the one with the number 8 string top...

It was a really fun day, shame I was driving but oh well, there are plenty more opportunities to come I'm sure.

11. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Oh I remember you alright, and the top!! :wink:

If you thought I was drunk when you left you shudda seen me at throwing out time!! :shock:
  12. Heather

Heather Member

Fantastic day, Fantastic result!!!
  13. twigglet

twigglet Member

Must say that I went to listen to Crewe and thought you were fantastic. The cornet soloist was amazing and he well deserved the soloist prize, it would have been daylight robbery if they hadn't given it to him!
  14. jimothy

jimothy Member

In my humble opinion not only was Crewe Co-op and Andy Welsh (Napoli) fantastic, but the second horn player was simply awesome!
  15. robbie

robbie Member

Very modest there Jim as ever!!
    But your right Andy was fantastic and deserved to take the soloist prize.
  16. jimothy

jimothy Member

Rob, Rob, Rob,

listen to your Uncle Jim.

If you are going to take the p!%* out of me you could, at last get the name of your band right.

You actually play for the United Co-op Band (Crewe) and not, as you said, the United Co-op (Crewe) Band.

Very poor form that, old boy!

17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

well sounds like a lot of fun was had by all.I was supposed to come along and watch but sadly had a severe case of not being able to get out of bed at eight oclock on sunday morning, but it sounds like i was the one who missed out!
    Well done everyone!
  18. westburykid

westburykid Member

I think the whole band is being carried by the 1st horn player having heard the band on a few occasions. Its easy for you to be awesome when sitting next to such talent!

Must say that Andy "Mildred" "www.CornetHero.com" Welsh deserves a medal for his performance.
  19. jimothy

jimothy Member

Mr. Ball I presume?
  20. robbie

robbie Member

But obviously the band is carried by the cornet section! You only have to look at "Mildred" he has his own website.