RHYL SILVER BAND, Uniform & Instrument Amnesty

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by roger 10, May 6, 2011.

1. roger 10

roger 10 Member

Over the years various persons have had access to and used the following.

MOUTHPIECES
    MUTES
    INSTRUMENTS
    MUSIC
    LYRES
    RED AND BLUE JACKETS

If you've been a member of Rhyl Silver Band, or helped us out in the past, could you please take five minutes to check whether you have anything of ours? If you find that you have, please return it to the band room. If you can't get to the band room send me a PM on here, or email me so I can arrange to get stuff collected . Rest assured there won't be any recrimination - we'd just like to get as much of our stuff back as we can. Replacing these in items puts quite a strain on our resources.

WE NEED TO HAVE THESE ITEMS RETURNED THANK YOU

rogerburman@rhysilverband.co.uk

2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I've seen a few of these threads for various bands in recent months, and I do think it's a bit sad that bands so often have to ask for their own stuff back. Surely if you leave a band, you should return everything you don't own.

Hope you get your stuff back forthwith.

3. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

i think that sometimes it is easy to remember what you have that belongs to the band, especially if the band doesnt know either.

Forgotten tie at a concert - you will be given a 'spare' and then might forget to give it back at the end of the gig....same for jackets lyres and mouthpieces I guess.
    These then get left at home in a draw and when leaving completely forgotten about.

I have been guilty of this with a couple of mouthpieces at school years ago. Closed down now, so i generally jsut lend them to players etc.

Instruments though - I'd be worried about the organisation of a band that didnt know who had what instrument.

PS no sly at Rhyl, these issues could have been before present management

4. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

When you open your wardrobe and it looks like a fancy dress shop its time to hand some back.

5. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I totaly agree, My own Band is in much the same position with Instrumets handed out under previous administration and now we are missing a lot. mostley from learners who have stopped and not bothered to return and give instruments back. we have no names and addresses to follow up on. Not good!

6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

A very sad state of affairs. Why do people do this? I

7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Because they didn't pay for the items and it's not hurting their hip pocket !!
    Total lack of respect.

a bit harsh. just out of sight out of mind I would suspect.