Rhyl Festival of Brass results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 4, 2004.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Just had a call from Sparkly who was playing with Flixton today at the above contest... here's the results she remembers..

Championship Section

1st Pemberton Old 196+45 = 240pts
    2nd Wire Brass 192+47 = 239pts
    3rd Northop 188+46 = 234pts
    4th Wrexham 184+41 = 225pts
    5th Rhyl 176+41 = 217pts

Best Euphonium Player: Northop
    Best Soloist: Trombone Wire Brass
    Best Percussion: Pemberton Old

2nd section

1st Wire Brass 192+43 = 235pts
    2nd Llanrug 188+47 = 235pts
    3rd Flixton 184+44 = 228pts
    4th Deiniolen 180+47 = 227pts
    5th Greenall's 178+47 = 225pts

Best Percussion: Flixton
    Best Soloist: Cornet - Llanrug

Edited to include full results
  2. stopher

stopher Member

Hopefully I've remembered the 3rd section results properly!

1st - Hoover Bolton
    2nd - Newtown
    3rd -
    4th - Pheonix West Midlands

BEst Solo - Dewi Ellis Jones, Marimba - Porthaethwy Menai Bridge
    Best Perc - Wasn't listening at this point!

Well done to Hoover and all the prize-winners.

Wish there had been a time limit on the speeches after like all the bands had!
  3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Get in Wire Brass!!!

Well done!!! :D :D
  4. Heather

Heather Member

Well Done Hoover Bolton.
  5. welshmike

welshmike Member

Thanx laura! The band did play well and given the comments I heard I don't think anyone who was there and heard us could complain!!

Wahay :D
  6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i fink raimnford cam,e 4th, n greengalls came 4th (thats 3rd section, n 2nd section in that order) by the way, im sorry if my typin goes all rong, ive had alot of alcofrol today(understatement of the century)!!!!

anywayz it were nice meetin roger thorne!! :D
  7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

It were reet nice meeting thee too! :D and not forgetting all the other tMPer's.

8. drummergurl

didnt see any1 else apart from the ones i knew anywayz, but i didnt meet other tmpers!! btw i looked alot like my avatar. altho maybe more tipsy than my avatar looks
  9. NAS

NAS Member

Good to see Tmp'ers today! Unfortunatley I had more than one disagreement with organisers.... Will have to see wots said within the next few days as to contest rules :wink: .
  10. drummergurl

lol thanx to a couple of things i pointed out i think that innit neil!
  11. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

it's okay - im sharp.
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'd just like to say a quick "Woo!" on behalf of Flixton and our percussion section!
  13. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO WIRE BRASS....Blimey not only winning the 2nd section , but a really well deserved runner up place in the Open Section...totally different programs..no repeat of any pieces...
    Brilliantly played and really entertaining.. :D
  14. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

What did Wire play in both sections Nick?
  15. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Just sent you a pm amigo....very impressive..not your typical march solo slow one and finale...was good to see Entertainment used at an entertainment competition.. :D bit of robbie williams , henry mancini , louis prima , duke ellington..very classy.
  16. tubbythe tuba

tubbythe tuba New Member

Thanks Nick for your help and glad to see you enjoyed yourself. It was great to see that Austin won best soloist as well. A top player and a top arranger.

Thanks again Nick hope to see you again soon.

Eb Bass
    Wire Brass
  17. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I would say that was the strength of the competition yesterday there were some good programs
  18. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

No worries...bout time a band came along and were entertaining for a change..yes only a point behind Pemberton and beating current welsh Championchip and 1st section bands..Brilliant..
    anytime the band need a hand will help out...one condition tho , dont want to sit in front of Mike again...dont think I can take another 20 top d's and E's on cornet...my ears still ringing
  19. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I would say that was the strength of the competition yesterday there were some good programs[/quote]

yes I agree , was good to see Kev Gibbs and Flixton....there were some great programs yesterday...was good to see wire do something entertaining not just the usual march , solo etc.......
  20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm still to find out what anyone ever found entertaining about a band playing a march sat still...