returned to brass

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnys, Feb 24, 2009.

1. johnys

johnys New Member

I started playing Bb cornet back in 1959 in the school band then was given a Soprano and told play that, moving on to other bands after school ,15 years later due to work and kids i had to give up playing ,returned briefly in the early 80s but again pressure of work forced me to stop ,i have now once again started to play Bb cornet and am struggling having forgotten so much,i still have my Sop which is a Besson Prototype class A Soprano cornet the number on the body is 130845 purchased by me in 1962 as a reconditioned instrument anyone got any idea of its age and quality , no triggers on this
    having sat in on a few bands i am surprised at attitudes of some sections namely cornets being unhelpful and very closed units but have found a very friendly one that does seem to have ambition , i am also looking for extra tuition in the midlands area but no luck so far
    John

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Arial)Besson Prototype
    Sop
    Bb
    instrument
    pressure
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Welcome to tMP John :hi - and I hope you soon settle into your new band and manage to find some suitable tuition.

Why not post a thread on here asking if anyone is available for private tuition in your area? There's plenty of members on here who I am sure would be more than willing to help an enthusiastic returner... :)

Good luck...

4. Di B

Di B Member

Not sure where you are based but satchmo shaz on here gives lessons to all ages and she is very patient. Might be worth a pm :)

5. Tunky

Tunky New Member

Hi
    you are very welcome to come to our house for lessons from Rob
    pm me with your phone number
    Regards Jan