Results of 42nd National Band Championships of Ireland

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by stephenmrry, Apr 15, 2007.

1. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

IABCB Irish National Brass Band Championships 2007

Just thought i would post up the result of todays competition. Three bands attempted the Set work which was Peter Grahams Gaelforce. Below is the result.
    Test Piece Own Choice Total
    1st. Drogheda Brass Band 97/100 47/50 144
    (Own Choice Piece Oceans G. Richards)
    2nd Stedfast Band 95/100 45/50 140
    (Own Choice Piece Henry the 5th R. V. Williams)
    3rd Lourdes Brass Band 93/100 43/50 136
    (Own Choice Piece Shine as the Light P. Graham)

2. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

On personal note would like to congratulate my own band Drogheda Brass Band who have ended a seven year drought on the contest front! We played great with the adjudicator, who was Hughina Naylor commenting that the winning bands ability to play very contrasting dynamics was the reason behind there sucess!!

3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

YAY I'm so pleased for you. All the hard work has paid off and you defo deserve it. Well done super top man.

4. iabcb

iabcb New Member

The Irish Association of Brass and Concert Bands (IABCB) is proud to announce the results of the 42nd National Band Championships of Ireland.

The weekend of music and festivities was an enormous success thanks to the tremendous standard of all the bands taking part.

In total 18 bands from all parts of Ireland took part in the Championships. Section 1 Concert, was won by the Dublin Concert Band followed closely by the Rathfarham Concert Band. In Section 1 Brass, Lourdes Brass Band beat off strong competition from Stedfast Brass Band to take the overall brass honours. But Dublin Concert Band retained the overall Championship title for 2007 achieving 147 points out of a possible 150.

The Executive Council of the IABCB congratulates all of the bands on their wonderful performances at the Nationals.

For full results visit www.iabcb.ie

5. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

The Lourdes did not win the section drogheda brass won the section!!!

6. iabcb

iabcb New Member

Apologies for taking your hard won victory away from you at the click of a mouse! You are completely correct... The official announcement has been changed below. Sincere apologies.

The Irish Association of Brass and Concert Bands (IABCB) is proud to announce the results of the 42nd National Band Championships of Ireland.

The weekend of music and festivities was an enormous success thanks to the tremendous standard of all the bands taking part.

In total 18 bands from all parts of Ireland took part in the Championships. Section 1 Concert, was won by the Dublin Concert Band followed closely by the Rathfarham Concert Band. In Section 1 Brass, Drogheda Brass Band beat off strong competition from Stedfast Brass Band to take the overall brass honours. But Dublin Concert Band retained the overall Championship title for 2007 achieving 147 points out of a possible 150.

The Executive Council of the IABCB congratulates all of the bands on their wonderful performances at the Nationals.

For full results visit www.iabcb.ie

7. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

no prob and one final thing as well dublin concert got 145 not 147 hehe sorry

8. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Well done to Droheda on their success.

When will we see my old band City of Waterford (previously St Patricks BB from Waterford) winning prizes again.. well I suppose they have to enter first.

9. On the Horn

On the Horn Member

Well done DBB, are you planning to go to stavanger next year ?

10. stephenmrry

stephenmrry Member

Yes Richard
    Stavanger here we come we defo intend going altho it will cost money but with right organisation im sure we can get there! But there is of course birmingham this year which is going to be great! Have full details now so will mail them on to you!
    Also if you want to see pictures from our performance check out the band website at www.droghedabrassband.org

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Irish
    IABCB
    Choice Total1st
    National Brass Band Championships 2007
    G. Richards
  12. Congratulations to the band
    Not a easy test piece
    Please send my regards to Mickey, Tony, Plum and Marftin

MIRIAM MCGOVERN (MURRAY]