[Results] NEMBBA Association Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

Welcome to tMp Graham, congratulations on another victory!! Lord help the rest of the Midlands 3rd section at Burton :D

Completely agree with you on all points reference outward facing instruments, its leaves no margin for error and while its great for big band stuff it does tend to unbalance a full ensemble. Especially one of (and I mean no disrespect whatsoever) less experienced / able players.

Remember, upward facing instruments will sound the same no matter where they are sat on stage, however the blend can vary depending on their surroundings and the middle of the band layout can make a big difference to tone colour. Its a massive risk to rearrange your regular seating but providing the players have the ear to adapt to it, the technique to carry it off and the piece is suitable, these layout changes can make the world of difference.

2. Pookiyama

Pookiyama Member

It was certainly an interesting and brave new venture for us.

3. bumperman

bumperman Member

The principal cornet player of Crofton Silver Band is Andrew Clutton. Tremendous player! Could easily play in a higher section band.

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

For me the best Principal Cornet Player on the day -Well Done great tone and sound:clap:

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Wow, must have been good! I was under the impression the new look Fosse Dyje had signed Neil Day on the end so to have upstaged him would have been some achievement. :clap:

6. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Change of plan!!!!Will see you tonight,game cancelled.Did you say Variations on a ninth?Dick.

7. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

Obviously cannot agree with your placing in the third section. lol.

As for the First Section, I thing you may have been a little tired by the late afternoon.... United Co-op Crewe would'nt have been out of place in a championship section. They were outstanding, really made the music work. Enjoyed your performance...Bravo.

8. markyboy

markyboy Member

Just out of interest, can anyone confirm who the Soprano player of South Yorkshire Police (who won best Sop player) was?

Oh, and by the way well done to Robin Morgan who won best Euph player. An ex Pennine Brass player and absolute top bloke!

Cheers Mark.

9. postie

postie Member

As promised here are the full results from the 4th section on Sunday:

1. Dronfield 181
    2. Crofton Silver 180
    3. Thurcroft 178
    4. Ratby Mid 177
    5. Ilkeston 176
    6. Tideswell 175
    7. Melton Borough 173
    8. Hathern B 172
    9. Bestwood 171 Oh dear!!!!

Many thanks to all the people I have contacted at the various bands. The point to come out of it is I wish adjudicators would put placings on comments sheets. I shouldn't have to go about finding out points from all the bands taking part.

10. Heather

Heather Member

Thank you, thank you for those remarks. glad you enjoyed our performance!

11. GJacko

GJacko Member

I agree with BarneyEuph. United Co-op easy had it for me. In a different class on the day.

12. Heather

Heather Member

Thanks to you too....we were really pleased with our perfprmance!