[Results] NEMBBA Association Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by TheMusicMan, Feb 19, 2006.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

North East Midlands Brass Band Association Contest

Hot off the press and direct from the event itself, here are the results immediately they were announced from the Rolls Royce Pavilion, Derby

Results : 4th Section

Test Piece : Anglian Dances; Alan Fernie

First Place : 181pts Dronfield
    Second Place : 180pts Crofton Silver
    Third Place : 178pts Thurcroft Welfare

Results : 3rd Section

Test Piece : Entertainments; Gilbert Vinter

First Place : 180pts Leicester Coop
    Second Place : 179pts Long Eaton Silver
    Third Place : 176pts Matlock Band

Results : 2nd Section

Test Piece : Images of the Millennium; Howard Snell

First Place : 185pts South Yorks Police
    Second Place : 181pts Hopkins Blidworth
    Third Place : 180pts Carlton Brass

Results : 1st Section

Test Piece : Voyage of Discovery; Goff Richards

First Place : 189pts United Coop Crewe
    Second Place : 186pts Fossdyke
    Third Place : 184pts Hathern

Best Soprano Player: South Yorks Police
    Best P.Cornet Player: Leicester Coop
    Best Horn Player: United Coop Crewe
    Best Euphonium Player: Crofton Silver
    Best Trombone Player: Dronfield
    Best Bass Section: United Coop Crewe
    Best Percussion Section: South Yorks Police
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2006
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well i heard all the bands in all the sections as usual:biggrin:
    My Results were as follows
    4th Section

3rd section
    2nd section

A good day in general seeing Sparking Quavers, Postie and Di:clap:
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I'm sure the tMP Midlanders will correct me if I'm wrong, but if South Yorks Police are still conducted by Andy Dennis, Blidworth by Geoff Hawley, Carlton by Tony Wilson and Long Eaton by "Satchmo" Sharon Stansfield, then it's been a good day for my former Nottingham City Transport colleagues.:clap:
  4. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Well done to all bands - I used to be a regular at the NEMBBA with the Ilkeston Brass, still trying to recommend the usefulness of the contest to my new band... :)
  5. jimothy

jimothy Member

An excellent days banding today. This contest is always a good run-out for the area test piece. I can't understand why more bands don't make the effort to enter.
  6. jimothy

jimothy Member

Can I make a correction to the very first post on this thread with the results please?
    Crewe Co-op won the prize for the best bass section, not the best bass player as stated.
  7. Di

Di Active Member

Well done on your results. :clap:

Edited. Sorry about that, twas a tad noisy when I was making the phone call, just a slight communication error. ;)
  8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Probably because they can't play it yet :biggrin:

Congrats to the winners who must now feel confident for the area
  9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Congrats to Pythagoras and all at Dronfield on their success! I hope they can continue their good form at Burton.
  10. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I like your results more than the official ones :clap: ;) :biggrin:
  11. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

Yep all former NCT players;)
  12. jimothy

jimothy Member

I don't :biggrin:
  13. postie

postie Member

Not a great day as far as Bestwood were concerned, I was trying to work out the final positions in the 4th section from 4th place to 9th place if anyone can help that would be appreciated. Always a bit difficult when the adjudcator doesnt put your placing on your comments!!!
  14. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Being from Carlton I do.
    Although hats off to winners South Yorkshire Police, I thought they were very impressive. They Bravely took Images at almost the proper tempos and their sop player definitely deserved the solo prize. Glad they're not in our area :p

Also I think Mr Perks was a bit harsh on Tideswell I heard them and thought they were very good indeed - I would have put then a few places higher.
    A good result and (by many peoples accounts) a deserved one for Dronfield. I didn't hear them personally, but I am very pleased for our principal cornet Alan Tyler who wagged the stick.:tup Keep up the good work and good luck for the Area.

Congratulations to all entrants and the organisers. Yet again, a very good,well fought and well organised contest. Great preparation for the area.:tup
  15. rutty

rutty Active Member

Congrats to the winners, especially Dronfield :)

It was nice to see more bands here this year though more in the top two sections would have been nice. Nice to see a few tMPers too though I'm still to figure out who Mr Perks is - shame you weren't in the box :cool:

I hope people enjoyed Images - it's a bit of a blow and I think all the bands that played it did a good job. Four very good bands in that section [biased]

At least we've run it through and got some remarks. Next..... area :eek:
  16. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Not feeling to good this morning! Wish I had stayed for the results though (went to a rehearsal for my other band Killamarsh). If I could play the fast bit at J in the 5th movement as quickly and smoothly as my first pint went down after hearing the results I'd be well happy.

Lots of credit must go to Alan Tyler who has lead us to 2 seconds and a first in 4 contests. Now we need to improve the performance further for the area.
  17. Heather

Heather Member

I don't

Heather (United Co op Crewe!!!!!!!)
  18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Heather, Nice to see you posting on tMP again...:)
  19. GJacko

GJacko Member

You missed another ex NCT member!!! Yep, mee. And that makes at least three ex Long Eaton kids as well. Keep em comin'
  20. GJacko

GJacko Member

don't be offended shaz if i stick with the ajudicator on this one :)