Results from Fleetwood

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by postie, Oct 3, 2004.

1. postie

postie Member

After receiving a phone call from a delighted Sparkly, some results from Fleetwood.

1st Haydock
    2nd Boarshurst
    3rd Flixton

Well done to Sparkly and all at Flixton!!!

We've have also been told Longridge won the top section.
  2. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Top Section

1. Longridge (Quintessence)
    2. Freckleton (Dances and Arias) + Best Basses
    3. Poulton (Firestorm) + Best Horn (I think!)
    4. Skelmersdale (The Deep)

We (Freckleton) got slated for "running out" a test piece for another contest, although we had a couple of shaky moments ;-)

Well done to all at Longridge!
  3. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

Just to clarify, that is not Haydock, it's Valley Brass (Haydock) :D :D :D

Well done Flixton, heard you just before we were going on and thought you sounded really really good, that is not an easy piece to play well!!
  4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Oo well done everyone, especially all at Flixton!
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

whoohoo! Well done y'all! :-D :tup
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Well done to all especially, Rachel et al at Flixton:-D
  7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

thanks guys!! I didn't hear valley brass but we could hear boarhurst from the sign-on room- thought you sounded really good! :-D
  8. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Anyone know the test pieces they played.......
  9. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

We played My Strength, My Tower, Flixton played Trittico, not sure what Boarshurst played.
  10. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages. However, we played "Purcell Variations" by Kenneth Downie, not "Trittico". "My Strength My Tower" is a great piece - I'm sorry that I missed it.

Congratulations to Valley Brass (Haydock) and to Boarshurst Silver on their 1st and 2nd placings respectively.
  11. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

Ta!! :D:D

Apologies for that mix-up!! I'm obviously deaf to get those to so badly mixed up!! haha
  12. postie

postie Member

Sorry Danny all the delighted Rachel told me is that you were called Haydock. Well done for winning by the way.

Richard Greenwood
    Treasurer & PR Officer
    Bestwood Black Diamonds
  13. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

Haydock played My stregnth my tower (conducted by the mighty Bob!!)
    Boarshurst played their national piece "Diamond Herritage" along with Hoover Bolton, Black pool brass played Trittico(!) and Flixton played Purcell (and it was v.good!)
  14. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

I ****** thought it was Trittico!! I was listening to the band before us, I thought it was Flixton, obviously not!! hahaha.

*We are not HAYDOCK BAND!!! lol, sorry to shout, just trying to promote the fact that we are Valley Brass from Haydock....formerly Haydock Youth Brass Band, with absolutely no link whatsoever to Haydock Band, because it is a common mistake that people make, and it gets our goat sometimes!!
  15. skweeky

skweeky Member

just to cheer Danny_L up a bit lol :) well done to Valley brass (Haydock) for winning and also to flixton who are sounding very well (and because i like purcell variations hehe)
  16. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

lol, thankyou....and once again, well done to Flixton and Boarshurst.
  17. skweeky

skweeky Member

there are lots of "well done"s going around at the moment, 4th isnt that bad.... i play for blackpool brass btw hint hint ;-)
  18. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

*ahem* well done skweeky and Blackpool Brass

TIMBONE Active Member

I know that we (Parr) came fifth out of five in 3rd section:-( BUT we did get best bass section :) well done GRAHAM,BILL,DAVID,LOUISE & GLYNN - yea, 5 of them!
  20. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well done guys! Especially me old muckers at Flixton!

(I leave... they improve... hmmmmm)