Required - Band accompaniment for Eb Soloist - Jenny Jones (Rimmer)

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GrahamF, Sep 9, 2004.

1. GrahamF

GrahamF New Member

Hi guys

I am trying to get the band parts for Rimmer's Jenny Jones so I can play it at a forthcoming concert and on a tour of Germany with West Lothian Schools Band. I am aware that you can buy the accompaniment for Bb Soloist but I don't think you can for Eb Soloist.

Can any of you help me get the band parts?

Cheers

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band accompaniment
    Eb Soloist - Jenny Jones
    concert
    tour
    any
  3. davidsait

davidsait Member

Why would the *band accompaniment* be different for an Eb soloist? Surely the band parts are the same, it's just the solo part that is different (because it's transposed differently?).

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just Music list it in an Eb version transcribed by Thomas Weiss, price £12.50 :

http://www.justmusicuk.com

Go to Brass band Index, and click on "Find". I would presume this retains the original solo part to be played as written on an Eb rather than Bb instrument, and transposes the accompaniment accordingly.

5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Not in the case of the Eb and Bb versions of the Jenny Jones that I've seen. Both have the solo part written in the key of C. Ergo, the accopmaniment to one is in Eb, the accompaniment to the other in Bb.

But beware - there are two different air varies called Jenny Jones so make sure you get the right one!

6. GrahamF

GrahamF New Member

thankyou Peter

I was aware of the Weiss arrangement from Just music but I would think that would be a different solo part.

The Solo part is exactly the same as the Euphonium solo part because I have played both and it is 'Fantasia on a Welsh Theme - Jenny Jones'

Cheers

7. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

graham....buy Bb parts then transpose them! Did you not have to do that for the piano part anyway or am I making that up?!

8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yeah just play it all up a 5th.. not as if its hard or anythin to begin with ;)

9. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

if it goes too high you can always just add a nice octave. Works a treat for me!

10. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

it would :p

11. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Graham,

I've played this and the solo part is exactly the same as the Euph solo. Tom just transcribed/transposed the parts and altered the scoring slightly for a lower pitched instrument playing the solo.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band accompaniment
    Eb Soloist - Jenny Jones
    concert
    tour
    any
  13. GrahamF

GrahamF New Member

Thanks guys

I am just of the phone to Just Music and the Solo part in the Wyss arrangement is exactly the same as the Euph part. I am getting it sent to me 1st class! Thanks for your help

Cheers

14. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Kirklees do a tenor horn arrangement, same notes written as euph, band parts transposed, arr. Michael Hopkinson.

I've played it myself.

Cheers

Billy Rushworth