Request for some fun help for pre-school kids

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Oct 25, 2008.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Some here may know that Jen (my wifey) together with her business partner, runs a Pre-School Playgroup/Nursery called Rainbow Sunbeams. Things are going well, and each year the kids have a great time with all sorts of fun activities, finishing with a Graduation Day complete with cap and gowns etc. All great fun.

Each week, they send a cuddly little pig called Rainy home with a child. The child then has to brush his teeth, dress him in his pyjamas etc, and the parents then write up a story of what Rainy had been up to during his time with them. The kids all love this, and can't wait for it to be their turn at taking Rainy home with them. One week, a child who had Rainy was off with Chicken Pox, and bless... when Rainy was returned, he too had little red stick-on speckles of Chicken Pox... they love him. Some parents take photos and return them to the group for their photo wall too... it goes down really well.

So, this next week (half term) and for a few more weeks, Rainy is away on holidays going back-packing around the world. We'd love to have postcards from various parts of the world, from Rainy, telling the kids of his travels and delights.

Would you be able to consider perhaps sending us a post card from your part of the world (sent to my home address, but written 'to all the children at Rainbow Sunbeams Pre-School') which I am sure all the kids would love to read about when they get back to Pre-School...?

If you are willing to have a go at this, it would be most kind of you, so please drop me a PM and I can send you my home address. The kids would be delighted and can't wait to read about where Rainy has been when away back-packing.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Thanks all.

John - on behalf of Jen.

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Would the kids like a postcard sent from the summit of Snowdon?

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

You betcha... they would love that Dyl, thanks... especially if some of the message is in Welsh (Sorry, but neither Jen nor I are fluent :) )

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

I don't think they do postcards of brighouse, but if i see any i shall let you know! :-D

5. Di

Di Active Member

Well today Rainy visited Monterey Aquarium! He saw the sharks and other fishes swimming over his head as he walked through the tunnels* and held the star fish and stroked the ray fish. Then he went outside and saw the little sea otters swimming in the sea. They're so cute. ;)

* Editorial license ... can't remember if there actually were tunnels in Monterey but there have been in other SLC's visited ... ;)

Thought I'd have a few of France in the caravan, but no go, sorry. :( Did have a whole booklet of postcards from San Francisco but actually threw them out on the last draw clearout. :(

6. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Portsmouth is not that pretty but I think that Rainy might like to go on "The Victory" and up the Spinnaker tower so count me in too. Maybe he could be visiting his cousins, Pink and Yellow Teddies...

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've used a similar appraoch in school, relating to geography lessons with Barnaby Bear. I'll sort out some post cards from Devon and Cornwall, you can teach the kids all about pastys and clotted cream! :)

8. bbg

bbg Member

PM on its way......will send a postcard from "Bonnie Scotland", may even manage one of Rainy's Scottish cousin , McRainy?

Great idea this - hope the youngsters have a lot of fun.

9. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

This is interesting as I might be able to get my mate to send one from Gretna and another mate from Kinross.

10. bbg

bbg Member

Just had notification that my email to John could not be delivered.

If you PM me, please, I'll do the needful.

thanks

Brian

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Rainy
    Jen
    Rainbow Sunbeams
    Hi AllSome
    Pre-School Playgroup