Request for "Londoners"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rightnowmusic, Nov 19, 2004.

1. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

I've been asked by a member of one of the Brass Bands here in Wisconsin if I'm able to help her and her family out with advice for their UK trip in January.

Here's the request:

"Dear Mark:

We're trying to find a cheap place to stay in London (January 10-
    16). We're looking at London House Hotel, 81 Kensington
    Gardens, Bayswater. We will have our children with us (12 and 14
    years old), so we don't want to end up in a place that's unsafe. We
    won't have a car, so we'll be depending on public transportation to
    get around. Please advise.

Also, I'm still hot to see a brass band or two, please let me know if
    you know of any in the area that might have a performance or even
    a rehearsal I could watch"

Can any of your folks help me out here ?..... I'm a Yorkshireman so apart from the Nationals etc in London, I don't really know the area that well.

Also, if you can let me know of any bands in and around the area that they can come to, that would be great ! :D

Thank you all for your help.

Mark :D
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Why not get your friend to sign up here at tMP.. you know there'd be loads of offers of help for her...
  3. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

Already done that John :D

But I'm not 100% sure how "accessible" her Internet access is, so I'm being the kind, considerate, charming guy I am, and helping her out first :D:D:D:D

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

From the area you described the Fulham Brass Band has to be the easiest to get to. There are very friendly and I'd imagine Will the Sec or Paul McGlaughlin will be posting on here soon to corroborate my story ;)
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Try or

Both really good for finding cheap places to stay etc. I'm going in 2 weeks time, I'm paying £80 a night at the Kensington Hilton instead of the listed price of £230 a night!
  6. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

Thanks for all your info so far :D

Any more willing "volunteers" ?

Thank you :D
  7. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

Surely there must be some other people that can help with this one..... ?????

Or is it just the North of England where Brass Bands are best ? hehehehe :D:D:D:D
  8. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

They'd Probably be welcome to come to a Welwyn Garden City rehearsal, but I don't think the band room is particularly easy to get to with public transport.

They'll want to contact our band manager. Info can be found on our website