report post/reply to thread

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by 2nd man down, Jul 10, 2006.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

This isn't really a "how to?", more of a "Why can't we?"

Is there any reason that the "report post" button can't be moved away from the "reply to thread" button? :-?

The number of times I've accidentally hit the "report post" one beggars belief!! :mad:
  2. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Need some new glasses? ;)
  3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I always do that!! Except it's when I'm trying to quote! Cos I'm dumb and get the sides mixed up :rolleyes: Almost did it just now trying to quote 2md! I don't bother any more!
  4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Can't say I've ever had a problem with this, but I completely understand your frustration...!! :rolleyes: :p
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I should be able to implement this, but Craw... can you let me have your thoughts as to where the new position of the button should be please. Ta.

I will add this to my weekend to-do list as it will take a little tweaking. The code is easy, but the location needs to be decided on.
  6. Di

Di Active Member

How about the Report Post button on the same line as the time, on the right hand side, just below the post number?
  7. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Jeez! Next you'll be wanting a P.A. to do all your typing for you!:rolleyes: And someone to press your valves down when your playing! (Just don't ask me, I can't read above middle C!):rolleyes:

:biggrin: ;)
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

WE KNOW!!!! :biggrin:

erm....why are there two on each post??
    Could we remove the top one all together and move the bottom one to mid way between where it is now and the quote button? That way it's on it's own and a bit more difficult to hit by mistake.
  9. Di

Di Active Member

Having made my suggestion last night, I think, I'm not sure but I think it has to be in the profile panel. (Stands back and waits to be told to shut up until I know what I'm talking about :tongue: ). Why are there two? We created a bigger, easier to identify/use button and errm, just didn't remove the other one. ;)