Report on the Wessex Band Summer School

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by hornguy1, Aug 16, 2004.

1. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

The Wessex band summer school recently held its 35th course, details of which can be found here:

Award winners for the course were:
    Andrew Pitts Plate – Simon Cooke
    Courtney Basanko Shield – Allistair Smith
    Silver Jubilee Shield – Bebecca Spinks
    Sarum Sound Cup – Matthew Blunt
    Angela Lowe Cup – Francis Stanton
    Ron Cornelius Cup – James Tiller

Matthew Stimpson
  2. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

3. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

think you've got the wrong course there steve. The wessex band course is based near bournemouth. Hope people enjoyed reading the article of a fantastic week.
  4. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

im very disappointed that you didn't mention the scintillating sock puppet act mr matt!! just wait 'til i get home to huds!!! :wink:
  5. louise0502

louise0502 Member

That was classic!
  6. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

well its just cos i loved the history of wessex!the socks were very good yes yes yes!can't believe we didn't win though! suppose its cos people are bringing real talent to the show now! (didn't mean the sock there)!!although marc was fantastic!
  7. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

errr. yep i did! ---> it was late!
  8. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

hey thanks! :D
  9. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

So it should be, there was a very hard working team trying to write such a great strip. Funny how a few beers can help create a classic moment!!
  10. hornguy1

hornguy1 Member

i thought that was what the whole talent show was about!we managed 10 minutes to make the props and rehearse!pretty good i think!yeah yeah yeah the socks were good!marc was fantastic!
  11. Gladis

Gladis New Member

Matt I certainly do agree that the history of Wessex showed pure talent and fantastic acting. It's rumoured that many thought that the characters were played by the originals they were that good. What was that sock thing all about anyway? It stank!! :lol:
  12. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

you're right it did- but then they "put their feet in the shower!" so they became all nice and clean!!!!!!! :p :lol: :bounce

to the tune of hakuna matata....

put your feet in the shower
    what a wonderful smell.........