Report on Bromsgrove Brass Band Summer School

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, Aug 11, 2004.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Today was the tutor concert at the Brass Band Summer School. The tutors included Steve Sykes, David Childs, Nick Hudson, Owen Farr, Brian Taylor, Alan Morrison and Simone Rebello (sp?).

Phenomenal performance. Included was 'Flight of the Bumblebee', a Mendelsohn (sp?) Violin Concerto, a few sweet slow melodies and a for a finale 'William Tell Revisited'.

Quite a few tmpers here all having a good time (although I think Keppler is going through withdrawal not having a computer nearby :wink: * Note he has also become quite power hungry and mad and is very likely to edit this post :wink: :wink: )

Keppler: Oh yes indeed...

Tonight is pub quiz night, so hopefully we can beat the locals :D

Keppler: And indeed we did...

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've been meaning to get over to this "school" for some time!...
    :D Simone told me about this ages ago and said I should go... Maybe next year I'll remember and go this time! :lol:

3. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Dilema!!! I'm a tMP'r AND a local - which side do I help???? :shock:

Hope to see you all in Red Lion tonight.. (after rehearsal of course - just in time for last orders :))

Tell Kepplar mines a guiness...:guiness

4. peasantband

peasantband New Member

Tis is sounding like the good course. I have the friends who have made the visit to the international summerschool when in the Sedbergh but not to the Bromsgrove.

I am thinking of the visit next year if the business is good . How much is it for the cost?

5. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Sounds like fun - I do wish I was there but I can always go next year :D

:D

6. DublinBass

I think it was from £295 - £385 depending on your accomodations (the only reason I'm not sure is we took the mid-level accomodations at £325)

7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Don't forget your camera!

:wink:

8. peasantband

peasantband New Member

LOL

Many thanks Mr Thorne. Also I am thinking my instrument will be much for the use!

Thank you for much of the fun and support on tmp, I am liking your forum very much for the interesting topic and 'banter' like my friend in the English band have said. :D

9. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Hello to all tMP's I met in the Red Lion last night (and apologies to those I didn't speak too :()
    Good to see Kepplar & to meet mr & mrs BBBCBariUSA - must be brainy with your team coming third in the quiz :shock:

Congrats to the Grimley team (was that the team name...too much guiness to remember properly :? ) on winning the equiz - but please learn a new song for next time....Try 'Yogi's got a little friend'??? :wink:

Looking fwd to seeing BBCbariUSA at Open, Pontins......:guiness

10. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

We're back in the library again before the concert. We've had no sleep and been getting very Kepps: Edited - "high" especially high on coke for me :lol: they only sell cans of lager :cry: It's been a good week ... more when we get back :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Summer School
    William Tell Revisited
    Flight of the Bumblebee
    Keppler
    Bromsgrove Brass Band Summer School Today
  12. Alice

Alice Member

I've just got back from the BBSS and had suuuuch a good week, i'm finding it hard to stay awake now though! So tired.

13. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Ditto. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good to meet so many tMP's there. What a great week.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. Alice

Alice Member

Oh, I sat next two seats away from you in the full band! and kept running out to retrieve bits of music i lost over the week!

15. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I know! And you were late to rehearsal on Friday morning!!!

D

16. Alice

Alice Member

Oh the embarrassment! You would have been late too if you'd have felt as ill as i did that morning!! I didn't see you dancing on Thursday though!!

17. tim

tim Member

Well u sed u weren't goin to dance at all either!!! :p

I think I can safely say much fun (and a little bit of drinking) was had by all last week!

18. DublinBass

19. oooooo sounds like fun. :cry: why didn't I go!!!!!

20. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Great fun but very tiring :!:
    Very alcoholic as well :)
    Didn't get to bed till after 4:30 am on Thursday morning, then I slept till after midday on Sunday and missed playing Clarinet at church :(

Best bit was the march contest - we won, we won, we won :D

21. The Drunken Horn

The Drunken Horn New Member

Had a great time this year although i am not sure my liver did. Must remember to take some Resolve next year if i go!

Tim, did i try to do some Break Dancing on the Thursday night! I have a nasty feeling i did! I'll have to drink more next year so i can't remember!

Mike

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Summer School
    William Tell Revisited
    Flight of the Bumblebee
    Keppler
    Bromsgrove Brass Band Summer School Today