Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by IckleSop, Jan 3, 2007.

1. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Ive got a old cornet that needs an overhaul anyone got any recomendations???
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

It's a long way from you, but there's a "good old boy" (there's a bit of Berkshire for you! :)) near Newbury who is excellent. He charges about £2.50 for a complete overhaul (Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit, but not by much). I can get his address is you want.
  3. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Again a bit of a treck for you but there is a great bloke in the Forest of Dean Frank Fiddler I can get his number and address for you if you want
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

5. bennem

bennem Member

Send it down to Cardiff and Denis Wegwood a superb instrument maker and repairer.
  6. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

I've been to a guy called Bill Brooks in ashton a few times, and he's really good and very reasonable! He hardly charges anything, and usually does loads of 'touch ups' at no extra cost aswell!
  7. leisa

leisa Active Member

yey becky!! try sounds great see how much they are they did this old trumpet i have and it is alright now!!

also u have the added pleasure of been able to pop round the corner to see me :biggrin:
  8. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Trade it in for a euph!! :oops: Howabout stripping the laquer off?
  9. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

ha ha

as much as i love euph's im too ickle to play one!! i would really look stupid
  10. andegg

andegg Member

Hi Becky,

Long time no see. How about contacting Paul Andrews from Wire Brass? The website for his brass repair business is

11. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

hey andrea

hope your well, cheers was thinking about paul but tis all delt with now, should get her back on weds!!!! Thanks again