Remote Control?????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Crazysop, May 29, 2005.


What do you call yours?

  1. Remote

    23 vote(s)
  2. Zapper

    9 vote(s)
  3. Handset

    1 vote(s)
  4. Dibber

    1 vote(s)
  5. Telly Changer

    1 vote(s)
  6. Flicker

    2 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Crazysop

    Crazysop Member

    After a random debate about the name of the remote control for the tv at euphiwoo's house with Bazza. We couldn't decide what the remote was called. We were all confused when Bazza asked where the handset was! So folks, what is it really?????
  2. meandmycornet

    meandmycornet Active Member

    its blatently a channel chopper! get it on your list now!!
  3. Crazysop

    Crazysop Member

    Errr dont know how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????? HELP!!!
  4. euphfanhan

    euphfanhan Member

    It is most definately a zapper!
  5. drummergurl

    drummergurl Active Member

    obviously thats the answer :rolleyes: ... what a daft question
  6. Naomi McFadyen

    Naomi McFadyen New Member

    :lol: ditto!! :lol:
  7. Neil Glynn

    Neil Glynn Member

    It's a zapper!!!! Surely everyone knows that!!!!
  8. yonhee

    yonhee Active Member

    Used to be dibber is now remote or channel thingy.
  9. Dave Payn

    Dave Payn Active Member

    FLICKER???? Those with poor eyesight (like me) might have to double check what that really says, particularly if the 'L' and the 'I' are very close together.....

  10. HorniKaz

    HorniKaz Supporting Member


    Where are the buttons???
  11. drummergurl

    drummergurl Active Member

    ummm in birmingham in the cadbury factory probably
  12. michellegarbutt

    michellegarbutt Supporting Member

    It's actually called a dooby firkin.(at least according to my mate Tracey it is)
  13. Dave Payn

    Dave Payn Active Member

    Alternative descriptions...

    Remote controller - how some bandspersons describe their conductor/s.
    Zapper - A common mis-spelling of a famous and unorthodox American rock musican who lived from 1940-1993.
    Handset- How those protusions on the end of your arms look
    Dibber - An accusatory remark by a drunk person aimed at someone believed to be telling lies.
    Telly Changer - What you are likely to be if your existing telly packs up.
    Flicker - What a bogey becomes after it's ended up on the opposite side of the room to where it was originally picked.
  14. Craigsav83

    Craigsav83 Active Member

    The number of times i have heard a remote control called a "doofer" Mind you, those same people call everything small and electronic doofers....
  15. picju96

    picju96 Member

    The buttonator.
  16. Dave Payn

    Dave Payn Active Member

    How about..

    The television (and possibly video and DVD) operational control device.

    Well, it's long winded but accurate, surely?

  17. sterlingsop

    sterlingsop Member

    It's a sky mote in our house....when we can find it that is. It has several nicknames though, usually centred around the fact it's always getting flippin' lost!
  18. mad_female

    mad_female Member

    My outlaws call theirs a "WIGWAM" I allways thought that was a tenty thing that native americans used to live in but there we go

  19. Di

    Di Active Member

    Ditto, button it is most of the time, but sometimes its remote, so i've had to vote for that.
  20. PeterBale

    PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

    Definitely a "doofer" in our household ;)

Share This Page