Relocating to Wakefield - Euphonium Player looking for a band!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by pjb120, Mar 21, 2005.

1. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Hi, Im currently playing solo Euph at Kirkbymoorside (though not for much longer!), and am looking for a championship section band within 30 miles of Wakefield, as I am relocating there in a few weeks. Are there any bands with Euph vacancies in this area? or any bands willing to let me come along for a practice?? Please PM me or reply to this message,

2. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Rothwell are after a Principal Euph if you fancy trying our for it. Our rehearsal room is in Stanley about 3-4 miles from Wakefield and 10 from 7-8 from Leeds I reckon.

There is a link on the front page of our website
  3. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Thankyou, I shall be moving in the next 3-4 weeks, so will contact you nearer the time to come along for a practice. Cheers, Paul.
  4. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Can I also add that there is now a vacancy for a Euphonium player at Kirkbymoorside (due to me leaving) - we are a friendly championship section band with a busy contest and concert calander ahead of us this year. Please PM me or reply to this post for more information!
  5. zak

zak Member

Hi there,
    Rothwell are probably your best bet mate. I have lived in Wakefield all my life and not many championship section bands near. Go for an audition and give it a go, nothing to lose. They are a good set of people from what i know. Hope this helps and good luck!! :tup

Shaun Hudson
    Grimethorpe Colliery uk Coal Band
  6. lister89

lister89 Member

Didn't realise you were leaving Paul, Kirkby will be sad to loose you I'm sure! You best be back for the anual christmas do though!
  7. pjb120

pjb120 Member

Yeah, have got myself a new job in wakey, which is good, but I will be sad to leave after so many years at kirkby!
  8. lister89

lister89 Member

Congatulations on the new job and good luck finding a band :) See you in a random pub I have no doubt!