Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Smid, Mar 16, 2004.

What day(s) does your band rehearse?

1. Monday

2. Tuesday

0 vote(s)
  3. Wednesday

0 vote(s)
  4. Thursday

0 vote(s)
  5. Friday

0 vote(s)
  6. Saturday

0 vote(s)
  7. Sunday

0 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smid

Smid Member

Does your band rehearse twice a week and suffer with or has it suffered with the scenario of one well-attended rehearsal and one not so well attended rehearsal on a weekly basis. If so what did you do to sort it and what have you found to be the best days of the week to have rehearsal(s).

For you who rehearse once a week is this because of attendance?

You may have to vote twice to register both days!
  2. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Every band I've played in has done this as well!
  3. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Monday and Thursday for us too. The percussion section tends not to be there on a Monday, as we are in a smaller room, although they have been known to attend, especially leading up to contests. We also struggle with the odd player on shifts, but aside from that the two practices are both well attended.
  4. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

hmm can't pick 2 days on the poll!!

It's Tuesday's and Thursday's for us and we get pretty much full attendance (including 3 percussion) at every rehearsal.
  5. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Mondays and Wednesdays.
  6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Wednesdays and Fridays... that way we end up with about 75% attendance for the week :roll:
  7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

monday and thursday for haydock, saturday mornings for youth band!
  8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Erm... I don't think thats possible?!

We usually practice twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays. It generally works ok but I wish they were more evenly spaced over the week. Other bands I've been in did Mon-Thurs or Tues-Fri and I preferred that. Before contests its Mon-Weds-Fri-Sun for a few weeks, so I'm whacked! :(
  9. Smid

Smid Member

New Rehearsal poll

I've redone the rehearsal poll and ask if you could vote again, I'll get this post deleted!

10. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

We rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays. It's inevitable that some people can't come to all rehearsals because of work etc. Because of the shifts I work, I only go to 2 out of three rehearsals.
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.