Rehearsals per week

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Smid, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Smid

Smid Member

New - When do you Rehearse

Sorry didn't realise could only vote once!

Does your band rehearse twice a week and suffer with or has it suffered with the scenario of one well-attended rehearsal and one not so well attended rehearsal on a weekly basis. If so what did you do to sort it and what have you found to be the best days of the week to have rehearsal(s).

For you who rehearse once a week is this because of attendance?

I apologise for those with a single rehearsal but the limit of options meant I couldnt do single days!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    single rehearsal
    attended rehearsal
    single days
    limit of options
    best days
  3. Trigger

Trigger Member

We rehearse Wednesdays and Sundays. At first I didn't like the Sunday morning rehearsals, but everyone assured me that I would get used to it- and I did. I'm now a fully accomplished expert at playing with a hangover. The attendance is really good now and we now have more or less full attendance at every rehearsal. :D

4. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Currently involved with three different (SA) groups:

One rehearses weekly on Mondays (National Capital Band)

One rehearses weekly on Wednesdays (corps band)

One rehearses monthly, Friday night and Saturday (youth band)

Reasons for infrequency of rehearsal - many of our players participate in more than one group (almost all of those in the Monday band). In the SA world, the corps band is on duty every Sunday, sometimes more than once. The group that meets monthly is a youth band whose area encompasses the entire state of Virginia, so we have some players who travel nearly four hours, meaning that more frequent rehearsals are not feasible.

So my typical (musical) week is Sunday services with the corps band (conducting), Monday rehearsal with the National Capital Band (playing baritone), Wednesday rehearsal with the corps band (conducting). Some weeks have a youth band weekend (instructing and attempting to play trombone) or a National Capital Band weekend trip.

Since I'm employed full-time in a non-musical field, I doubt I'd have time for more rehearsals :)

5. Heather

Heather Member

Wednesday night and Sunday night for us.....seems popular with other bands too.

6. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Thursday night and Sunday night

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wednesday and Friday for us ...

8. Sarahjo

Sarahjo New Member

Monday, Friday for us, but this has been under discussion to be changed to Mon, Thurs - the younger members claim it interfers with there social life-

Do they not understand banding is a social life :lol: 8) :?

9. HBB

HBB Active Member

lol! Of course! .... :roll:

10. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

At Wem we only rehearse once per week (Friday) although on the run up the areas we also did Tuesday, Saturday, Sundays! I'm not exactly sure as to the reason why we only rehearse once per week but I would take a good guess that it's due to attendance. I know that hubby and I would struggle with 2 rehearsals per week on a regular basis and just wouldn't be able to give that kind of committment. However I do see the benefits to 2 rehearsals per week - on the run up the the areas everyone was definitely in practice and we had a great sound.

11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Tuesday and Thursday

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    single rehearsal
    attended rehearsal
    single days
    limit of options
    best days
  13. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Tuesday and Thursday. Attendence is usually pretty good for both.

14. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Monday and Thursday, except for a contest run when its every night!! All rehearsals normally well attended (don't want to miss out on beer)!!

15. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Due to study and other "comittments" I have a ittle trouble getting perfect attendance once a week!! However with contest a few weeks away, we've squeezed a few extra rehearsals in.

Monday nights for Brass band
    Wednesday for Stage band
    Thursday nights fortnightly extra brass band
    Friday night I like to drive up to Capricornia Silver and listen if I get the chance
    Sunday @ 7AM We go marching!!!

16. NeilW

NeilW Member

We're Wed + Sun evening too, normally.

But this week its Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat + Sun am.

I can't work out why :p

Neil.

17. katej

katej Member

weds 8-9.30ish and sun 7.30-9.30ish. I only manage a weds at mo due to family but its generally well attended although I think more go on sunday.

18. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Monday and Wednesday for us.

19. NAS

NAS Member

Tuesday and Thursday for us...

20. Thursday 7:30 - 9:30 and Sunday 7:00 - 9:00 for us!

21. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

We're half 7 till half 9 Mondays and Wednesdays and I have to say since we added the monday rehearsals last year the attandances at both nights have become pretty constant and it's been reflected in our general all round performance.
    I'd be there every night of the week if I could.

22. louise0502

louise0502 Member

yeah, wednesday night, sunday mornings, but youth band, tuesday night and sunday morning before senior band!