Rehearsal Room Wanted Welsh Area

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Pastit, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Pastit

Pastit Member

Wrexham Brass need help with suggestions for a rehearsal facility around 1 o'clock on Saturday afternoon (18thh March). We're stopping at the Ramada Jarvis (formerly Hilton) but they can't give us a rehearsal room. If anyone can give a suggestion of social club, band roon etc we would be very grateful. PM me please
  2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

We are staying at the Dragon Hotel ( about 5 mins from the Brangwyn) , they have a couple of large conference rooms. they might be able to help the number is ( 01792 ) 657182.
    hope this helps.
  3. Pastit

Pastit Member

Thanks for that Nick. We stayed there last year but couldn't get in this time. They are trying to help us. Do you know when either of your bands will be rehearsing there?
  4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

I think the B Band will be rehersing early morning , I think the 3rd section kicks the weekend off...and we have a late afternoon rehersal after Paul , Chris , Aled have finished conducting. not unless the rooms have been booked by other bands , the hotel is really helpful they might be able to squeeze you into a dining room somewhere..
  5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Just a tip here, when we're booking rehearsal facilities, we use google and search for church/chapel halls near the postcode of the venue. If you use the satelite option, you can often see the view from above, which will give a good idea as to size, ease to get to etc. Been a useful tool for us at Marsden over the last year or so.

Just a thought...........
  6. Deano

Deano Member

We're rehearsing in the brunswick methodist hall on Saturday morning, it's about 5 mins walk from the Brangwyn. I'll get the details tonight and PM you.
  7. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Last year we rehe***** in the Salvation Army building right next door to the Vetch Field, Swansea City's old ground.....on a match day!! A few years ago we rehe***** in th Patty (Spelling...likely to be wrong) Pavilion, the odd looking building in the park right nextdoor to the Brangwyn. I haven't got any contact details for either but could try to get some if you are still stuck for a rehearsal venue. Good luck at the contest!
  8. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Years ago we used to rehearse in the YMCA building in the Kingsway Swansea ...just done a search and come up with this..............
    Don Williams
    1 The Kingsway,
    Swansea SA1 5JQ
    T 01792 652032
    F 01792 652032
    Hope it helps
  9. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

We usually rehearse at St. Helen's rugby/cricket ground, 5 mins walk (if that) from Brangwyn. We can't this year though cos they've started doing Sunday dinners! You should be ok on the Saturday though.

Here are some contact details (from Swansea RFC website):
    Tel: 01792 424242
  10. Pastit

Pastit Member

Thanks for everyone's help. We're sorted with a reheasal room now.:tup