Registration..

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bumper-euph, Feb 21, 2013.

1. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

Hi, just wondered if someone can enlighten me, but, if there are 3 registration area's, English, Scottish, Welsh, can a player register for and play in a band from each area ? or, can you only register with 1 area each year ?. thanks.........I await the answer ......sorry if this has been asked before.:tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    IMHO
    BBP
    Regional AGM
    Regional Secretary
    end of BBP
  3. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

1 only, just ask any wrexham brass players !

4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

^ what he said!
    The Rules state that players must be registered with only one accredited Registry (ie, Scottish, Welsh or BBPL) and may only play with one band.

5. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

So that means in theory, a player can play in all 3 area's.......yes ?

6. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

No !!!!!!!!

7. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

thank you..............understood.

8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

With specific reference to the areas and National contest the rule says "9. a) All players taking part in the Contest must be registered with only ONE accredited Registry at least 7 days before the Friday of the contest weekend and may only compete with the band that holds their Registration. It is the responsibility of the band secretary to apply to the relevant registry for the necessary registration documentation and to comply with the Registry Rules and procedures." However BBBR is no longer classed as "acredited" so you can have that card too, as to other contests? Interesting

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

and extract from the BBP rules "5. No player shall be registered with more than one band at any one time." Its all a bit messy though because these rules don't refer to the other accredited registries of Wales and Scotland and certainly not to BBBR which says "6 No player shall be registered with more than one band at any one time."

10. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

So, , a player in a Welsh or English band with their area's on the 17th of March would not be able to play in say a Scottish Band on the 10th, but if there was more than a week between them he/she could play for both.....

11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Nope - a player under Kapitol National rules can only play with one band any where at the areas. The same player can play with another band at the National finals but again only with one band

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    IMHO
    BBP
    Regional AGM
    Regional Secretary
    end of BBP
  13. bumper-euph

bumper-euph Member

Thank you very much....I am now fully aware of the rules..............??????
    Your a gent.:clap::clap:

14. andyfake

andyfake Member

So, does the fact that I'm doing Blackpool on an "unaccredited" BBBR card mean I could have played at another "Area" on a Kapitol card then? Seriously considered doing this last night for someone with an emergency situation, but decided it was too dodgy!

15. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I think it probably does. Let us know how it works out!

16. boourns

boourns Member

I think it's inevitable that people will do this. I also think there will be plenty of players with bands that aren't going to the Area, who sign with someone else on BBP cards and retain their BBBR registration with their current band. And you know what? The world probably won't end.

Also, does anyone else think it has been harder than ever to find players this year? At least two bands I know of are going to be 'light' a couple of players on stage. If we must have registration, at least change the rules to allow a couple of deps. Even the Open allows you to borrow one, for goodness' sake.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  17. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

:clap::clap: I've been banging on about allowing borrowed players for yonks....don't hold your breath though, you'll probably just get a load of posters from the "bigger" regions saying that borrowed players = cheating.

18. boourns

boourns Member

Don't worry, we'll soon be able to bang on at our Kapitol Registry Advisory Council representatives. I'm sure that will make all the difference.

19. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Its not the Registry/cards that would stop you doing this but the fact that banding if a small self regulated pool and someone would notice, report it to the contest controller and possible both bands face disqualification. Thats why wer don't need registration cards, they achieve nothing.

20. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Totally agree.

21. boourns

boourns Member

If you're going to have rules you may as well have a means of enforcing them, rather than rely on the good/ill will of others to report supposed transgressions.

My opinion is that we don't need registration cards because if someone were to play at different Areas, with different bands, it wouldn't really matter.

22. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What if "borrowed" player was currently registered with a higher section band? Would that not make a difference?