registration HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stythians_saint, Feb 16, 2006.

1. stythians_saint

stythians_saint New Member

we are trying to register a player in time for the regional (18 march) - I understand the deadline is 28 days before the contest (Saturday) and the details have to be somewhere in Yorkshire by this point. The earliest we can sign the player over to our band is on Friday, meaning that if we post the forms they wont get there until monday, which is too late

can we fax/email the details to the registry people? or is the system too archaeic? someone please enlighten me! will be a pain if we cant sign this player because we really need him

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

The deadline is only 28 days if it is a transfer. If it is a new registration then I think, in most English regions, the deadline is 3 days. If I were that desparate to sign someone, and I have been, then I think nothing of jumping in a car picking up all the stuff and delivering by hand. Good luck.

3. Di

Di Active Member

There is a fax along with the phone number on the contact pages of the Registry here. May be worth phoning and asking if the best way is to fax the forms. Good luck. :)

4. stythians_saint

thanks a bundle, couldnt find that site :tup would love to drive up, but yorkshire is 400 miles away from sunny cornwall :( I suppose these people arent known for being lenient with their rulebook, but its worth a try

5. Di

Di Active Member

You're welcome, we're always willing to lend a helping hand where we can. :)

And :hi to tMP.

Its always worth making contact. In an ideal world, you'd be able to call them up before the deadline, give them all the relevant details, perhaps even a contact number for the secretary of the releasing band? with the promise of the signed documents being in the post or on their fax machine the next morning.

I wish you all the best of luck. :)

6. Tracey

Tracey Member

Colin at the Registry is very helpful, definately give him a ring on 01226 779136 and he will advise best solution.

7. markyboy

markyboy Member

Having just taken over as Contest Secretary with Pennine in the last couple of months I have to totally agree with the last statement.

I feel that The Registry has taken on a very different outlook on such matters, especially in the weeks running up to the Area contests. In previous years I always felt that such people were there to 'catch you out' rather than help. I'm sure that 90 odd per cent of bands need to make at least one or two signings to enable them to compete ay the most important contest of the year, and without this new 'helpful' situation we now have many bands would not be able to go, simply because of not being able to register even just one player.

As we all know, the days are long gone when every band had a full band, and the majority of bands seem to struggle to make a full team at the Area without having some outside help.

Because the rules have changed for the better, more bands are not in a position of not having to withdraw, which can only be a good thing.

So, to echo what has been said before, thanks Colin and the registry team and hopefully even more changes will be made to help bands and not hinder.

8. Boner

Boner New Member

registration

the four week rule with transfers is only a 'grace' period whereby your transfer becomes effective after four weeks. it is not intended to stop players from playing but allows flexibility if you decide that you want to go back to your old band within the four weeks.

otherwise you can ask the player's old band to cancel their card and apply for a new registration for your band.
    there is no deadline but you need to allow time for the cards to be created and returned to you in the post. a week is probably a safe margin.

i joined my current band four days before the nationals. my old band cancelled my registration with them and i started a new reg. with the new band.

easy.

9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Yes you can fax them. I have even telephoned Colin in the past and he has took the date of that call as date of receipt. He's a great bloke and will go out of his way to help.

10. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Was in this situation recently as a player we were going to borrow had his registration cancelled by his old band.
    New registrations have to be "effective" 3 days before the contest. If you're tight on time, you can fax copies of all the docs before sticking them in the post and Registry will use that date. You can actually do the contest without a card, as long as the new registration is added to your Active Players Report (issued by Registry for each contest) and you forward the card to the organisers as soon as it arrives. You don't need to panic just yet!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Yorkshire
    details
    player
    contest
    email
  12. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

The players list is sent out up to a week before the contest but what you can do if you sign a new player 3 days before contest is to fax documents in. Then post them. Ring up the registry they will give you the players registration number. You then fill in a temporary player registration (downloadable from registry website www.bbbr.co.uk) complete with photo. This gets handed in at contest. Contest organisers then send this back to registry who will confirm that photo matches the player they registered and everything is ok. If you have any worries ring the registry or email them. This time of year you usually have to leave a voicemail message but Colin always tries to get back to you the same day when he can

13. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Yes, I am pretty sure that you can fax the transfer form to Colin at the Registry, as long as you send the original asap!!

Also, if you are really stuck for time you can ask the other band to CANCEL the registration of the player concerned and then you can sign them as a NEW player (the little pink card)....this is effective as long as it gets to the Registry THREE days before the contest.

You might not have the card on the day of the contest though, but you can phone Colin to get the registration number and then fill in a VERIFICATION form (you should have some of these from the registry)...and then present this to contest control on the day...

Hope this helps.

14. stythians_saint

thanks for all the brill advice

managed to get in contact and found out that his registration with his current band is void, so there are no problems whatsoever - which is ideal because we now have a full cornet section :clap:

cheers everyone

15. Di

Di Active Member

Thats good news. Glad its all worked out for you. :) Good luck at the regionals.:tup