Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, Oct 1, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Recently had my "Great Britain" registration card canceled to sign with a Scotish band. Kind of a hassle in some ways, but fair enough if they don't want people registered with English & Scottish bands (and Welsh for that matter) at the same time to allow all three countries to have reps at the Europeans. However, why can one be registered with a Belgian band and an English band at the same time if they can compete against each other at Euro's (but not Scotland and England)?

Do I not have my facts straight, am I thinking to hard on this one or should a player only be able to be registered with one European band as it comes to this issue?
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Because we don't have a registration system over here...?

Only for the national championships, bands have to send in a list of players two or three months (or so) in advance. (players can only play for one band in a certain section, but a band can have a maximum of 2 players that also play in a higher section band).

I don't think many bands over here would agree with introducing a British-style registration system...
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Although Scotland has its own independent registry we are affiliated to the British Brass Band Registry. This effectively governs the movement of players between the various registries and ensures that the rules of both authorities are observed.