Regionals 2010 - dates?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by cockaigne, Oct 19, 2009.

1. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

The test-pieces have been announced. Presumably everyone knows where they're going... but when?

I can't find a mention of the actual dates for the 2010 regional contests - does anyone know when these are announced? I'm assuming they've not been given already, as I've not turned anything up despite extensive searching.

2. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

Midlands are 13th and 14th of March.
  3. davidaus

davidaus New Member

They are 13/14 March as well for the West of England in Torquay:

Sat 13th - 1st, 3rd and 4th sections
    Sun 14th - 2nd and Championship sections

See ->
  4. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

From Kapitol:

Winter Gardens, Blackpool (subject to confirmation by the venue’s management).

Is it confirmed or not? When do we find out?
  6. AmandaD

AmandaD Member

Yorkshire areas are the 6th and 7th of March

7. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Scottish Championships are also 13th/14th March in Rothes Halls, Glenrothes.

So thats four out of eight areas on the same weekend. Do I hear any advance on that...
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

London & Southern Counties at Stevenage on 20th (3rd & 4th) and 21st (Champ, 1st & 2nd)
  10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

With the 1st section piece timed at 16 minutes and the Championship section at 17 minutes it could be a long day for those areas who hold those two sections on the same day.
  11. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Yep , last weekend of the Six Nations again !!

Just waiting on my Band Manager to contact t'committee at L&SC to get the 1st section changed to the Sat so I'll definitely miss all the games again ( as opposed to sitting in the King and getting blootered !! )
  12. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

Thanks for this. Interestingly the Kapitol website didn't come up after an online search, and the National Association site ( is singularly unhelpful...
  13. Souter

Souter Member

Guess that means that Harrogate Hotel telephones will be ringing red hot on the 15th then!!!
  14. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Nah - I say: go for a certain level of arrogance. Book your hotel BEFORE you play :)

If nothing else, the fear of losing your deposit should encourage you play better!!
  15. Al

Al Member

This year, we found that there was no actual advantage of staying in Harrogate itself although it is a pleasant enough place, there are quite a few hotels anyway.

I would say no problem staying in Leeds or Huds, and just going up for the day by coach if all the hotels are booked. I would say you need a coach even if you did book a local hotel, there aren't many in walking distance are there?