Regionals 2006

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by imthemaddude, Aug 16, 2005.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Is there going to be a regional cd for 2006? It's normally available for pre-order by now and as the test pieces are announced, I'm surprised it's not out.

2. NeilW

NeilW Member

Remember that the announcement of the Regional 2006 pieces "escaped" a little earlier than had been planned.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect the CD pre-ordering to start around the time the announcement was originally planned to be - i.e. next month.

You can always buy the Cory recording that includes Voyage of Discovery - I think someone in our band is trying to find a copy...

Neil.

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The cd is usually released at the lower section finals, which is when the announcement of the Regionals pieces is normally made.

4. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

It will be available from the World of Brass trade stand at the Lower Section Nationals Finals in Harrogate.
    Although it is not on the website as yet, you can pre-order by phoning our Mail Order department if you wish.
    The reference number is 24676.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  5. JR

JR Member

I hope not, but hey I bet I'm wrong...

john r

6. Syrup

Syrup Member

Is it the usual suspects on the recordings as mentioned in a related recent thread?

7. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

No idea because I haven't read the related recent thread, sorry!

8. jonford

jonford Member

Well I would guess as the recordings already exist (or soon exist):

Defo:
    Black Dyke: Journey
    BAVY: Voyage

Not sure but guesses:
    Entertainments Faireys or new recording by Dyke?
    Anglian: Dyke or maybe Scotish Co-op?

Not seen this other thread, they are just my guesses but i don't really see why it matters!

9. Moy

Moy Active Member

Just listened to Corys rendition of Voyage of Discovery.
    Thought there was nought for the tenor horn - nice little cadenza there.:clap: