Regional Test Piece Workshop, Yorkshire 8th January.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ploughboy, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm glad to find out the usual test piece workshop is running again in Yorkshire, I've copied the details I've been sent below for anyone who is also interested. It's an excellent and always informative event.

The Association of Brass Band Adjudicators will be holding their Annual General Meeting at Cleckheaton Sports Club, Bradford Road, Cleckheaton. BD19 3UD on Sunday 8th January 2012.

The Sports Club is situated on the A638 Bradford Road, which is adjacent to Junction 26 of the M62 Motorway. Across the road is a Premier Travel Lodge.

Following the Associations official business there will be at a Joint Open Meeting coordinated with No 2 Area of the NABBC. This will cover the 2012 Regional Test Pieces for Sections 4, 3, and 2.

Skelmanthorpe Band with conductor John Roberts will be in attendance and each piece will be introduced by an ABBA member. Simone Rebello will be on hand to offer advice on percussion matters. The workshop is due to conclude at 5.00pm.

This event is proving to be more popular every year. Special arrangements have been made this year to accommodate the expected large audience.

Both Associations will be delighted to welcome all interested parties to attend and contribute to what is always a very lively, informative and stimulating event.

The event is expected to conclude at 5.00pm.

Mal Brownbill. PRO. ABBA.
  2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Who's coming across next week then?
  3. Brian

Brian Member

Regional test piece workshop

I shall be there, coming up from Nottingham, sickness and weather allowing of course.