Regional test piece recordings.........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Keith Stanley James Lever, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Wouldn't it be nice if the company who produced the recordings of the regional test pieces asked the winners of the nationals to perform and record them.... I.E.... Pemberton = Comedy, Hathern = Variations for brass band, Hoover (Bolton) = Tam O'Shanter's Ride, and Potters Bar = Divertimento ............ what a nice challenge that would be........... What do other Tmp members think????????

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    I.E.
    Pemberton = Comedy
    Hathern = Variations
    Tmp
    Potters Bar
  3. jonford

jonford Member

I don't think this would be very feasable. This would mean a new recording for every section which would be more cost for Doyen, where as at the moment most test pieces are taken off cd's that already exist ie. Comedy off 'The Golden Era'.

This would also mean that the regionals CD wouldn't be released until at least Christmas maybe as bands would have to rehearse the pieces that have just been announced and then doyen would have to go up and down the country recording them. Then there's the question of wether the bands would be prepared to rehearse and record the pieces because I expect most of these bands will be rehearsing for contests like pontins and other local contests.

Just my view on your question! :)