Regional Grading Tables..... request for help...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TheMusicMan, Mar 3, 2003.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Several people have mentioned in a few threads recently that it might be a good idea to have the latest copies of Regional Grading Tables here on site.

I am more than happy to host these tables on if that is a service/feature we need and feel will add value.

So, if there are any Regional Secretaries or other knowledgeable folk out there who might just have the latest regional grading tables in any of Spreadsheets/Word Docs/tables formats - please can you forward a copy on to me here and I will gladly host them for all to see.

Also - if anyone is willing to help in the maintenance/compilation/format of these then please feel free to offer!!

This could be a great resource for ALL bands - let's see where this goes eh? :D

2. Heather

Heather Member

Excellent idea.
    I don't know of anywhere else that shows the tables. You usually only get to see them once a year to find out your fate!
  3. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

UPDATE: I have received several tables in the form of sheets, www pages etc... so, before I present these here on tMP are there any more out there?

If you have them, please forward them on to me at

btw, I'm still up for volunteers to help me collate & format these lists... :wink:
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Now the Midlands Area is completed, it should only be a few days before Band Contest Secretaries start receiving the league tables.

As soon as I receive ours (3rd Section) I shall forward a copy on.

With all this information available we'll be able to undertake our own 'dodgy predictions' - any volunteers!

6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

7. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'll have the Welsh Regional tables after this weekend John.
  8. Brian

Brian Member

When I was on the Area Committee Roger, it was usually 5 or 6 weeks after the contest that League tables were distributed. Each band in the Area Contest received the table for the section they competed in only.So don't hold your breath..
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

We got handed a copy of our grading tables when we got our comments on the day, as far as I'm aware, this is the first time that this has ever happened.

Did anyone else got their copies of the provisional regional table on the day, or was it just L&SC?

Ben ;)
  10. Brian

Brian Member

London have done this for a number of years, and not only at the area, they tend to give out a full list of placings on the day at most contests,the argument against this is the negative thoughts it gives to those bands down towards the bottom of the list, as opposed to" well we were not in the prizes,but maybe next time"..And of course with the area league tables, the problems it creates if they need to be changed for any reason, as seen in some areas in the past, with disqualifications, appeals etc
  11. Laura

Laura Member

Is there any more news on this?
  12. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hello all, just heard officially that we (Long Eaton) have been promoted to 3rd section :) so the Midlands grading tables are out!!

has anyone else got any news?
  13. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Well Done Shaz and Long Eaton
  14. Roger Thorne

Well Done Sharon.

I've recevied the 3rd Section Midland Grading Tables today.

I will forward them on to John so that he can post them on the site.

Just for your information Carlton and Audley Brass are promoted to 2nd section.

15. satchmo shaz

thanks bald eagle, have your band been promoted?
  16. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Yes we are promoted to the second section, but i have not seen the tables yet
  17. satchmo shaz

well done to you too!...........(phew!) :wink:
  18. Heather

Heather Member

Well done to everyone who has been promoted.
    Bad luck to those who just missed out.
    We've been promoted to Championship Section..aarrgghh!!!!
  19. Roger Thorne

Thoroughly deserved Heather.

20. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Congratultions Heather!

If our experience this year is anything to go by, I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourselves and do very well in the top section.

(I've not seen our tables yet but we've survived to fight another day in the top section - it's almost as good as being promoted!)