Regional Dates

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by doc, Aug 25, 2007.

1. doc

doc New Member

is it true that 6 out of 8 regionals are on the same weekend?

I have heard that wales, west of England, Midlands, Scottish, North West, and North regionals are all on 8/9 March. Bit of a nightmare for those of us still trying to organise a conductor.
  2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

It'll have to be a Yorkshireman!
  3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I haven't checked the dates yet for the northern area but it's normally the following weekend
  4. Di

Di Active Member

I have started to enter the regional dates in the tMP calender for next year. If anyone has can fill in any gaps, it would be most useful to us all.

Ta. :)
  5. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

The North West Regionals are on Sunday 9th March (all sections).
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

midlands 1st section sat 8th march
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks for the info Brian and Ian.
  8. doc

doc New Member

Scottish champs are 8th and 9th March
  9. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks. Do you know who the adjudicators are yet by any chance? And I pressume this to be at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool as usual?

Thank you. Do you have any further details so I can add as much as possible to the calender, ie which sections are on which day, adjudicators, venue etc. Thanks. :)

I now have full details of :
    • Midlands
    • West of England
    • Yorkshire
    Partial details for:
    • L&SC
    • North West
    • Scotland
    And I've found nothing yet on:
    • Wales
    • North of England
  10. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

The North West Regionals will be at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool, as usual.

The adjudicators have not been announced yet.
  11. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks Brian. I'll keep an eye out.
  12. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Scottish Champs are, as mentioned previously, 8th and 9th March 2008. Venue is Rothes Halls, Glenrothes.

Sections are 2, 3, 4 on Saturday, can't remember the order yet but it will be in the next SBBA minute. 1st then Championship on the Sunday.

Most adjudicators decided but we're still waiting on one, maybe two, confirmations. I'll confirm them as soon as I know.
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Fantastic. Thanks. :):tup
  14. stopher

stopher Member

99% sure Wales in the 8th and 9th of March!
  15. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

from our contest secretary:
    "Dennis Wilby, Geoff Whitham, John Maines, Chris Wormald and Jim Scott 2008.

They will announce which section these guys are doing on the weekend of Harrogate in the band press.

For 2009 they have booked David Read, Derek Broadbent, Colin Hardy Mal Brownbill and Brian Buckley"
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks chaps. :)
  17. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

Tell you what, go for an underutilised young talent. What about a talented young Scottish conductor/composer with a fair bit of experience in the Championship section. Can't think who I would be talking about though............... :lol::lol::lol:
  18. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

In Aberdeen Paul. Anyway you'll be busy :)
  19. bigcol

bigcol Member

North of England is weekend 15th March, 4th section is on Saturday morning.
  20. bbg

bbg Member

Thanks to John from Lochgelly for confirming that lower sections for the "Scottish" are indeed on the Saturday.....which just happens to be my dear wife's birthday, a "special" one at that as it ends with "0" (and I don't mean 20 - or 30 - or....)! Told her that her hubby and son will be spending the day in sunny Fife, was advised that I can take her out on the Friday night, replied "but we'll have a rehearsal that night" - oh dear.
    Apparently original date was later in March but it was then realised that the preferred weekend was actually Easter. Loking forward to a new venue though - Fife Council are supporting the event, and what with Perth Concert Hall being used for the Scotish Open weekend in November, it's great to have contests and therefore banding exposure in different parts of the country.